"What a daily trip!!" San Fruttuoso by PALLINA
San Fruttuoso Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 51 photos
San Fruttuoso is a perfect half-day or daily trip if you are in Camogli or Portofino or whereelse in the Riviera di Levante (eastern of Genova). Reachable only by ferry or on foot, it is a breathtaking bay with a visitworthing (former) abbey. The abbey dates back 13° century and belonged to Doria family (well known family if you have already visited Rome) but has been donated to FAI more or less in 1990. (FAI= Fondo Ambiente Italiano, for info pls see http://www.fondoambiente.it/).
The small bay if often crowded during the busy season, there are beach facilities (30 euros for a sun umbrella and two sunbeds!) and three (expensive) restaurants.
- Pros:dreamful and amazing bay
- Cons:extremely crowded during the busy season
- In a nutshell:clear blue water, nice trails, abbey to visit
When in San Fruttuso, a 1,5 hour trail can take you to Portofino. Sorry I did not experienced it by myself, but... more travel advice
PALLINA's Related Pages
San Fruttuoso Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "To quote from the brochure -"
- "thanks to a concert..."
- "What a daily trip!!"
- "The pearl of the Portofino rock"
- "San Fruttuoso di Camogli"
- "Paradise except for F&B"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Fruttuoso
- Transportation in San Fruttuoso
- Nightlife in San Fruttuoso
- Restaurants in San Fruttuoso
- Warnings and Dangers in San Fruttuoso
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Fruttuoso
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to San Fruttuoso?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Fruttuoso
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reggio Emilia Intro, 39 reviews, 31 photos
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 24 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos
- Grosseto Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos
- Madeira Island Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valencia Intro, 16 reviews, 9 photos
- Bolzano Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Lucca Intro, 14 reviews, 10 photos