"Etruscan heritage: Sovana" Sovana by PALLINA
Sovana Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 35 photos
Birthplace of Pope Gregory VII, Sovana is a small sleepy village in the Grosseto province offering some Etruscan sites and historical monuments; it's full of charme and has a pair of simple but fascinating romanesque churches. It deserves a 2-3 hours stop or you can relax in one of the several cafes. Definitely suggested location! It is becoming more and more touristy but very far from the level reached by other villages like San Geminiano, for example.
- Pros:Very small, no car and pleasant Maremma style's atmosphere
- In a nutshell:Tuscany is not just Florence and Siena!
PALLINA's Related Pages
Sovana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sovana - more than just a road"
- "Walkup to fort"
- "Etruscan heritage: Sovana"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sovana
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Sovana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sovana
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reggio Emilia Intro, 39 reviews, 31 photos
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 24 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos
- Grosseto Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos
- Madeira Island Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valencia Intro, 16 reviews, 9 photos
- Bolzano Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Lucca Intro, 14 reviews, 10 photos