Cape Breton Island Restaurant Tips by Aafia Top 5 Page for this destination
Cape Breton Island Restaurants: 15 reviews and 11 photos
Baddeck Lobster Suppers
For those of you whose Maritime experience would be incomplete without a lobster supper, here is a great place that overlooks the Bras d'Or Lakes, where you can dine in the very casual atmosphere in which lobster was meant to be enjoyed.
You start out with all the fresh seafood chowder you would like. At the same time you are served a huge bucket of steamed mussels. Then it's lobster time. There are alternate choices such as salmon, planked salmon and ham. You can watch the planked salmon being cooked outside by the cook house if you'd like. Dessert selections include pies, crumbles and strawberry shortcake.
Lunch is served between 11:30 and 1:30. The lunch menu is different than the dinner menu described above and includes soups, chowders, salad platters and the like. Prices range from $5.00 to $10.00.
Dinner is served between 4:00pm and 9:00pm.
The staff is friendly and attentive.
Favorite Dish: The sweet and tender lobster meat from our icy cold waters of the Atlantic.
Address: Ross Street, Village of Baddeck
Comparison: about average
Directions: Ross Street is off Highway 205 (west) that leads to the Trans Canada. The restaurant is right next to the Inverary Inn.
Other Contact: http://www.visitbaddeck.com
Tim Horton's - St Peter's
Why would I be suggesting a Tim Horton's as a place to stop and eat? If you've been in one, you've been in them all, so you know yourself whether you like their fare or not. Well, it's because the view from this Tim Horton's is probably the most beautiful in all of Canada. In fact, I challenge anyone to find a Tim Horton's with a better view. Check out the second picture for the view.
Favorite Dish: A double double, of course.
Address: Main Street, St Peters (Route 4)
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Third-way between Port Hawkesbury and Sydney. Look for the Tim Horton's sign in St Peter's.
Price: less than US$10
Lobster Galley on left hand side.
The first thing that strikes you when you enter this restaurant is the beautiful view of St. Ann's harbour. The staff is friendly and welcoming. The restaurant also has a little nook where you can buy Cape Breton memorabilia.
Favorite Dish: All seafood dishes were excellent.
Address: Exit 11, Highway 105 (TransCanada Highway)
Comparison: about average
Directions: Highway 105, 19 km from Baddeck heading to Sydney, exit 11. Beginning of Cabot Trail, just before the Gaelic College.
More Reviews (23)
- See All Shop till you drop on Cabot Trail
- Swim at Mary Ann Falls - (Or Ski in the...
- Moose Poop
- See All Drive the beautifully scenic Cabot trail
Aafia's Related Pages
Cape Breton Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Ciad Mile Failte" Welcome to Cape Breton"
- "MooseSpotting in Cape Breton Highlands"
- "A small place with a huge heart"
- "Cape Breton in autumn"
- "CAPE BRETON ISLAND"
- "I'll take the high road"
- "My Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cape Breton Island
- Hotels in Cape Breton Island
- Transportation in Cape Breton Island
- Nightlife in Cape Breton Island
- Restaurants in Cape Breton Island
- Shopping in Cape Breton Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Cape Breton Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ballybrittas Hotels
- Provincia de La Altagracia
- Mahad Hotels
- Manchester Hotels
- Csepel-sziget Hotels
- Colwyn Bay
Badges & Stats in Cape Breton Island
- 26 Reviews
- 97 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 57 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Cape Breton Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cape Breton Island
Photos in Cape Breton IslandSee All Photos (97)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Breton Island Intro, 26 reviews, 97 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guyana Intro, 12 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Progreso Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Margherita Ligure Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Halifax Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Mexico Intro, 4 photos
- Venice Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Italy Intro, 3 photos
- China Intro, 3 photos
- Riomaggiore Intro, 1 review, 2 photos