""Ciad Mile Failte" Welcome to Cape Breton" Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Breton Island by Aafia

Cape Breton Island Travel Guide: 169 reviews and 438 photos

BACK HOME AGAIN

Although I wasn't born here, my Cape Breton roots go back several generations. Regardless of where in the world my parents lived, they made a point of taking us "home" to Cape Breton every second summer. They were the best of summers, being able to reconnect with family and friends. After having "grown up" and taught for two years in western Africa, I made my way home to Cape Breton where my parents had just decided to retire. Here I am, still at "home", 27 years later.

Bras d'Or Lakes - Ben Eion

Swim, sail, hike or bike. Then relax and enjoy a beautiful sun set.

• Intro Updated May 21, 2006

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2012 at 6:29 PM

I was on a tour and we did a lot of hiking throughout the highlands. it was so amazingly beautiful,,,,thank you for bringing back some great memories

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Nice page!

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2010 at 12:39 PM

CB Highlands NP is on our minds for quite sometime now. it is just a matter of time. btw, incredible page this one with xclent pictures and great write-ups.

• iaint's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Good pages. Makes me yearn for lobster

• Dester's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Wonderful page, makes me miss for Nova Scotia.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2009 at 11:07 AM

It looks like a real wonderful place to be, by the sea. Once I was involved with foreclosing on Campobello Island, close to your area. It is all green there too.

• cjg1's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2009 at 8:00 AM

Great page Aafia. My fiancee's friend owns the Water's Edge B&B...we're thinking of heading up there soon for a visit.

• Jul 18, 2008 at 8:15 PM

Thanks for the beautiful photos and great info - it will be helpful as we'll be there next week!

• johncudw's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2008 at 1:25 PM

Beautiful views of Cape Breton Too bad I didn't go out there was up toward Halifax with my folks around 1969 - went over on the Bluenose from Maine.

• flyingscot4's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2007 at 8:57 PM

Beautiful country, outstanding photographs, and a welcoming spirit. You should have been a travel agent. I look forward to the year that I will finally be able to afford to come to Celtic Colors.

Aafia Lives Here!

Aafia

“Don't hurry, don't worry. You're only here for a short visit. So be sure to stop and smell the flowers. Walter Hagen”

Badges & Stats in Cape Breton Island

Have you been to Cape Breton Island?

Latest Activity in Cape Breton Island