Calgary Things to Do Tips by PeterVancouver
Calgary Things to Do: 297 reviews and 441 photos
Arrival at Main St Stn Vancouver
Rocky Mountain Rail Tours have been operating a private train since 1990 that travels over two days between Calgary and Vancouver and visa versa. It is exclusively a tourist train which sets out at the crack of dawn in Calgary and arrives in Kamloops BC for an overnight stop at a hotel. The next day the train continues its way following the route of the Thompson and Fraser Rivers right into the heart of Vancouver.
The Gold Leaf service is well worth paying for as you then travel in a full length glass dome rail car with a splendid restaurant underneath which serves cooked breakfast and gourmet lunches. The Gold Leaf service also provides a superior hotel in Kamloops which is part of the package. This is something not to be missed but at $1200.00 - $1500.00 per person it is not cheap
The only other rail operation on part of this journey is by VIA Rail, but thier trains go further north to Edmonton missing Calgary altogether and who do not have a passenger rail service from their town. The main drawback of VIA is that the crossing of the rocky mountains is at night in either direction so as a passenger, you miss out on one of the most spectacular view which pnly Rocky Mountainier trains offer
Address: 100-1150 Station Street, Vancouver, B.C.
Phone: 604 606 7245
The start of the bobsleigh run
Take the 95kph 4 man bobsleigh at Canada Olympic Park. You will run on the same track that the 1988 Olympic teams used, the only difference is that you are pushed off the start line, rather than having to clamber into the slightly modified bobsleigh. This experience is not for the faint hearted as at high speed the body gets quite a pummeling being pushed from right to left and back again in fractions of a second. Great fun !
Address: Canada Olympic Park Highway #1 Calgary
Directions: On TransCanada Highway 1 just west of Calgary City
Phone: 403) 247-5452
More Reviews (1)
PeterVancouver's Related Pages
Calgary Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "IN THE VALLEY OF THE BOW"
- "Calgary, Alberta, Canada"
- "HATS OFF TO CALGARY"
- "Calgary - A Friendly City"
- "Home, Sweet Home..."
- "CALGARY - CANADIAN PRARIE METROPOLIS"
- "I may live in Toronto..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Calgary
- Hotels in Calgary
- Transportation in Calgary
- Nightlife in Calgary
- Restaurants in Calgary
- Shopping in Calgary
- Warnings and Dangers in Calgary
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Calgary
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Calgary?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Calgary
Photos in CalgarySee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Churchill Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colchester Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- London Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos
- New Delhi Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ottawa Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Agra Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Kovalam Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos
- Whitehorse Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos
- Toronto Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.
- Calgary Stampede- 32 Reviews, 42 Photos
- Mountains- 33 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Calgary Tower- 23 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Glenbow Museum- 12 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Downtown Calgary- 30 Reviews, 51 Photos
- Calgary Zoo- 19 Reviews, 35 Photos
- Calgary Chinese Cultural Centre- 7 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Canada Olympic Park- 7 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Calgary views- 4 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Fort Calgary Historic Park- 7 Reviews, 21 Photos
See All Calgary Things to Do