"Excellent city in the sunshine or in the snow" Ottawa by PeterVancouver
Ottawa Travel Guide: 1,800 reviews and 4,435 photos
Such a clean and friendly City, even right to the very modern looking railway Station which is just a 15min taxi ride into the centre. A real cross section of foods from all parts of the world, none of which had to be ordered in french much to my relef!
Bronze statues all over telling of people, who oiginate from Ottawa
A great place to walk, with great paths all along the Rideau Canal in one direction, or past the parliament building and into Sussex Drive, where after a mile or so you come across the Prime Ministers House opposite that of the Governer of General Canada in Rideau Hall which is situated in a huge park open to the public most of the time.
If its food then just off Sussex Drive on the other side of the American embassy is a road leading into Byward Market where almost anything can be obtained and moderatly priced restaurants are plentiful
With the high end Fairmont Château Laurier alongside the Rideau canal and some 200m from the Parliament building. If you are not up for the price of the Fairmont an excellent Westin hotel is just acrsss the street and which is equally positioned to explore the city
Maman, a 9.27 metre (30-foot) spider sculpture, which is now on display at the Gallery’s Plaza. The gargantuan bronze spider, by Louise Bourgeois, and carries a sac of 20 pure white marble eggs under her belly. Spiders, with their ability to fabricate complex and calculated webs, serve as a natural metaphor for creativity for the National Gallery of Canada which is alongside
- Pros:Lots to do and see if the weather is fine
- In a nutshell:a place to return to
Although Oscar Peterson originated from a working class area of Montreal his famous jazz achiements wre marked by a life... more travel advice
Rideau River empties into the Ottawa River. Nearby to the French embassy on Sussex Drive about ten minute walk from the... more travel advice
PeterVancouver's Related Pages
Ottawa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CANADA - OTTAWA"
- "My Home town.....a work in progress : o ]"
- "O t t a w a"
- "Definitely A Tale Of Two Cities!!"
- "Ottawa, Ontario! The Canadian Capital!"
- "The capital city of Canada"
- "Ottawa! The Capital!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ottawa
- Hotels in Ottawa
- Transportation in Ottawa
- Nightlife in Ottawa
- Restaurants in Ottawa
- Shopping in Ottawa
- Warnings and Dangers in Ottawa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ottawa
- 7 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Ottawa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ottawa
Top 10 Pages
- Churchill Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colchester Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- London Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos
- New Delhi Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ottawa Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Agra Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Kovalam Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos
- Whitehorse Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos
- Toronto Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.