"Bonneville salt flats" Bonneville Salt Flats State Park by PeterVancouver
Bonneville Salt Flats State Park Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 13 photos
Utah's famed measured mile is set out on the salt flats just in front of the mountains in the picture. To conform to the regulations, the cars have to run the measured mile twice, once in each direction and within an hour of one another. The first world record on these flats was on 3rd Sept 1935 when Sir Malcom Campbell achieved 301mph. Since those days, cars are fitted with rocket engines and have achieved speeds in excess of 600mph
- In a nutshell:must be fantastic to watch a world speed record on the flats
PeterVancouver's Related Pages
Bonneville Salt Flats State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Salty bounty"
- "Salt Flats"
- "Salt Flats"
- "Bonneville salt flats"
- "Bonneville Salt Flats"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bonneville Salt Flats State Park
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Bonneville Salt Flats State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bonneville Salt Flats State Park
Photos in Bonneville Salt Flats State ParkSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Churchill Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 12 reviews, 36 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 14 reviews, 30 photos
- Beijing Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 11 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colchester Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- London Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos
- New Delhi Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos