"Welcome to the Jungle - Parantins" Parintins by PeterVancouver
Parintins Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 15 photos
Need I say more !
Parintins, an otherwise unremarkable small river town roughly halfway between Manaus & Santarém, has in recent years become the unlikely centre of one of the largest mass events in Brazil, the Boi Bumba celebrations every June (the date varies, but it’s always the weekend before June 24).
The resemblance to Rio is not coincidental, the organizers having consciously modelled themselves on Rio’s Carnaval. During the remainder of the year Boi Bumba dancers perform on an open air stage often coinciding with the arrival of a Amazon cruise liner
PeterVancouver's Related Pages
Parintins Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- " Parintins "
- "Parintins - Along the Amazon River"
- "Welcome to the Jungle - Parantins"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parintins
- Hotels in Parintins
- Transportation in Parintins
- Nightlife in Parintins
- Shopping in Parintins
- Warnings and Dangers in Parintins
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Parintins
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Parintins?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parintins
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Churchill Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 15 reviews, 38 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 12 reviews, 36 photos
- Beijing Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos
- Kanchanaburi Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colchester Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- London Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos
- New Delhi Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue