"Baguio, Summer Capital of the Philippines" Baguio City by birgitte
Baguio City Travel Guide: 852 reviews and 2,480 photos
Baguio city is the summer capital of the Philippines. Come summertime, everybody flocks to Baguio to escape the heat. City dwellers take advantage of their children's school vacation, staying here for a week or two at least. Being built on top of a mountain, Baguio enjoys cool weather all year round. Even the heat of summer is not that harsh.
I was lucky the fog lifted. The mountains enveloping Baguio is breathtaking when you see it in person. Very lush and very green. The population of Baguio has spread asis evident in the profusion of houses below
After the July 16th earthquake a few years back, everybody thought Baguio would never recover. Remember the devastating Hyatt Hotel tragedy that aired for months in the news (it is the hotel with the terraced design that collapsed and killed hundreds of people). Now when you visit Baguio, you won't even see a trace of the earthquake's massive destruction. Everything has been rebuilt. And the local government has taken a lot of precautions so that such tragedy never happens in that magnitude anymore.
Today, you can enjoy a lot of restaurants, discos, shopping malls, markets and a lot more entertainment areas in the City. Like everywhere else in the Philppines, the food is always delicious.
- Pros:Beautiful scenery and fresh air
- Cons:During peak season, it might get frustrating because of the huge influx of people.
This is the entrance to the Botanical Gardens. If I remember correctly, this is where genuine Igorots (natives of the... more travel advice
A trip to Baguio is not complete without lugging home fruit preserves and peanut brittle from Good Shepherds. Good... more travel advice
birgitte's Related Pages
Baguio City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Baguio city"
- "Baguio Today"
- "Baguio City - It's a "cool" place"
- "City of Pines and Mums"
- "Baguio For Christmas Break"
- "Summer Capital of the Philippines"
- "i see pine trees of green, red roses too"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baguio City
- Hotels in Baguio City
- Transportation in Baguio City
- Nightlife in Baguio City
- Restaurants in Baguio City
- Shopping in Baguio City
- Warnings and Dangers in Baguio City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baguio City
- 12 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Baguio City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baguio City
Top 10 Pages
- Philippines Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pilar Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Baguio City Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Ilocos Norte 2 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 4 reviews, 24 photos, 4 travelogues
- Orani Intro, 2 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Subic Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Province of Bataan Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Italy Intro, 2 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Province of Zambales Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues