"My first trip to Italy" Top 5 Page for this destination Desenzano by carfan
Desenzano Travel Guide: 76 reviews and 148 photos
My first trip to Italy, took me to Desenzano.Its a beautiful town on Lake Garda. Its very picturesque, yet full of atmosphere.
From Desenzano, we were able to explore the neighbouring towns of Gardione, further up the lake and Sirmione across the Lake.
Both towns very beautiful and very pleasant to visit.These were both reached by the regular ferry service that leaves from Desenzano.
We also visited Venice (2 hours away by train) and Verona(1/2 hour away by train)
The people in Desenzano were very helpful and welcoming. the hotel staff were excellent when asked for directions or advise.
Well worth a visit and proved a good base to tour from.
- In a nutshell:A great place for a first visit to Italy
Desenzano was a lovely place to relax in. You could walk down to the harbour area and just sit and watch the boats... more travel advice
We stayed at the City Hotel for five days.The rooms were very clean and comfortable.It was only a short walk in to the... more travel advice
carfan's Related Pages
Desenzano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Desenzano...the biggest little town on Lake Garda"
- "My first trip to Italy"
- "Honeymoon heaven"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Desenzano
- Hotels in Desenzano
- Transportation in Desenzano
- Nightlife in Desenzano
- Restaurants in Desenzano
- Shopping in Desenzano
- Warnings and Dangers in Desenzano
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Desenzano
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Desenzano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Desenzano
Top 5 Pages
- York Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dunfermline Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Inverkeithing Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Desenzano Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue