"My first trip to Italy" Top 5 Page for this destination Desenzano by carfan

Desenzano Travel Guide: 76 reviews and 148 photos

My first trip to Italy, took me to Desenzano.Its a beautiful town on Lake Garda. Its very picturesque, yet full of atmosphere.

From Desenzano, we were able to explore the neighbouring towns of Gardione, further up the lake and Sirmione across the Lake.

Both towns very beautiful and very pleasant to visit.These were both reached by the regular ferry service that leaves from Desenzano.

We also visited Venice (2 hours away by train) and Verona(1/2 hour away by train)

The people in Desenzano were very helpful and welcoming. the hotel staff were excellent when asked for directions or advise.

Well worth a visit and proved a good base to tour from.

• In a nutshell:A great place for a first visit to Italy
  • Last visit to Desenzano: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 3, 2005

• syllou's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2006 at 6:19 AM

I saw you where in Desenzano, i come there often, still years. Nice page, thanks!

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2005 at 10:59 PM

Oh Wow Doug!! I'm jealous!!!Lake Garda is on my 'must see' list!! Your pix are gorgeous!! Absolutely fabulous!! Wow...cheers Ann :o)

• Orkaena's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2005 at 8:06 PM

Well done Doug, you're a real VT'er. Desenzano looks like an idilic place, I agree with you, worth a visit. Thanks.

• Jul 1, 2005 at 4:13 AM

It seems to be a lovely place! Not famous so thank you for telling us!!

• Jun 25, 2005 at 12:49 PM

It's never too late to start travelling, and you seem to have gotten to great start ! Desenzano looks like a very nice town, how did you end up choosing it for your first trip to Italy ?

• dejavu2gb's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2005 at 5:21 AM

Great start to your page... but we want to see more pics!!!! :)

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2005 at 4:28 AM

Desenzano looks really great ! Thanks for sharing !

• ophiro's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2005 at 9:19 AM

Finnaly - working on your first page ! good luck my friend. Your tips are great and also the pictures ! add more great tips and you will be top5 here !

• IIGUANA's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2005 at 8:36 AM

Great pic! Desenzano seems like my kind of town!

carfan

“When the Travel Bug bites you gotta go!!”

Badges & Stats in Desenzano

Have you been to Desenzano?

Latest Activity in Desenzano