"Roma" Rome by jeffmartinartist

Rome Travel Guide: 12,182 reviews and 27,250 photos

How do you choose a photo to represent Rome? My first visit to Rome was in 1999. I arrived and was so excited I dumped my pack and went for a walk. I remember turning a corner and there right in front of me was Fontana di Trevi. I was so taken back by the color of the water on the marble that I don’t remember any other people being there. Every time I return to Rome you will find me at the fountain in the morning doing a few sketches with a coffee in hand before the crowds arrive.

• Last visit to Rome: Nov 2003
  • Intro Updated Sep 23, 2006

• eileencat1's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2007 at 12:52 PM

Jeff - great pages. Love the "Tourist eavesdropping" story about isn't it cute, even the children speak Italian. I would not have been able to hold back laughing!

• flying_dolphin7's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2006 at 6:32 PM

Omigod.. your sketch is really amazing... wonderful. Roma is really lovely town to visit... Merry Christmas:)

• vichatherly's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2006 at 1:58 AM

Excellent Rome pages. I'll add some more to mine when time permits

• Oct 15, 2006 at 2:16 PM

nice pictures! and great page! Nikos

• thecatsmeow's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2005 at 10:19 PM

Jeff, You have some great pictures here! The one of the steps made me smile. We tourists do tend to mar a good picture now and then. :) TCM =^oo^=

• aaaarrgh's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2005 at 2:10 PM

Ah at least you have one of your drawings here. I guess we will have to look on jeffmartin.com.au for the rest! Italy is a great place to paint isn't it - fantastic light and rich, warm colours :-)

• sparrowtino's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2005 at 4:53 AM

Thank you for the top tip regarding the Rome Hotel, much appreciated. We think that your artwork is stunning. Get in touch next time your in Italy.

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2005 at 12:12 PM

LOL look at my deserted in November picture of the spanish steps.And the earring vendor at the top is the BEST! Jeff your photos are awesome.

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2005 at 6:13 AM

Ada's reminds me of Maria's in Genoa. The funniest comment I ever heard - Is this fountain called Trevor?

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2005 at 1:41 PM

Your artwork is stunning! Thanks for the glimpse into a beautiful place... I am going for the first time in Sept.. very excited!

jeffmartinartist

“Slow down, eat where the locals eat and listen so that you can see more.”

Badges & Stats in Rome