"Jeff Martin" jeffmartinartist's Profile

I'm going to Bogota Colombia for the Azafrán Festival in March visit http://festivalazafran.com/

Welcome to my Virtual Tourist homepage, my name is Jeff Martin.

I live in Melbourne, Australia, which is unfortunately a long way from everything European and fortunately close to all things Australian. As you may have guessed from my VT name I am an artist. I love to travel, I love to observe and I love to create things, somehow I have managed to combine all three of these loves into a career.
I think VT is a great venue for me to share my experiences and my art in a very casual format. My interests are very focused on people, the food they consume and the lives they live. I always travel with a visual diary and some of these can be viewed on my external pages at www.jeffmartin.com.au. When I travel I travel by public transport, which allows me time to plan my arrival, sketch the journey and record any memories from the place I just left.

Since 1999 I have been traveling to the island of Favignana located off the north west coast of Sicily. Here, on this special island, I have painted sketched and photographed the local fishermen. The painting left is an example of my work. This became the main subject of my work for the last seven years and still influences my work today.

I have recently had a few people actually visit locations and venues based on my tips and I would like to tell anyone that is part of VT and has not put effort into their pages that they are missing out on something. It makes you feel great if you have given someone all the right information to plan a trip and they have a good experience because of you. It’s a lot like selling a painting.

So please have a look at my pages and images. Ask me questions if you like and reprimand me if you find an error (a very VT thing to do) and please rate my tips as you see fit. Buon Viaggio from Jeff

PLEASE NOTE - All photographs and images under jeffmartinartist have been taken or created by Jeff Martin. I only write about places I have been, as this is what VT is all about.

• Intro Updated Feb 17, 2010

Jan 21, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Haven't seen you around in a bit. Are you on FB?

• jeffmartinartist's Profile Photo
      Jan 21, 2013 at 11:19 PM

yep, FB is faster easier. yesterday I tried to upload some stuff here and nearly fell asleep.

Jan 24, 2013 at 4:38 AM

I hit your follow button on FB. Congrats on your success and the wee one!

• titti's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Thank you, dear.

• Parisforless's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Sorry I've missed your birthday, but I was preparing and attending my first art exhibition in Paris. However, it's never to late to wish you the best birthday ever and many more to come.
    Svetlana Bellon

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Hi Jeff! Happy Birthday from Montana.

• connectingrod's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2012 at 3:17 AM

A BIRTHDAY is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip.

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Like your motto, slow down to experience more of the places you go.
    Happy Birthday to myou.

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Hey Jeff, "Happy Birthday", with all my best wishes ... :)

• riorich55's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2011 at 5:27 AM

Jeff, To follow up briefly on San Francisco experience. My wife and I were back in SF last Oct/Nov so I've got some fairly recent tips of our experience. If you have any specific questions let me know and I'll be happy to answer them for you.

Apr 19, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Happy Birthday! Hope you return soon!!...:}

• lindyz's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Hi Jeff, thanx for visiting my Hamilton Island page :)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
jeffmartinartist's Profile Photo

jeffmartinartist

“Slow down, eat where the locals eat and listen so that you can see more.”

Real Name