"SOME OF THE BIG SURPRISES IN BRAZIL - MARANHÃO" Estado do Maranhão by RafaelTheSecond
Estado do Maranhão Travel Guide: 147 reviews and 622 photos
I am a very experienced traveller in Brazil, I spent most of my life researching about new places to be visited where everything is genuine, a place where the TOURISM is not a big business, a place where beauties are still untouchble, a place where wilderness are very present, a place where the local culture is preserved, some places where english is so odd as mongolian is for us. And I have to admit that I found one location in the brazilian map that we do need to see more, we do need to find out more about these wonderful people, we do need to add in our list one of the most fascinating place in Brazil called Maranhao.
Maranhao is one of the States of NorthEast region, a region where the famous Recife, Salvador and Fortaleza are located. It means when you think about Brazil you will always think about Rio, but when you are at least a smart traveller these destinations will be named...but you will be a UNIQUE TRAVELLER when you think about Sao Luis...THE CAPITAL OF MARANHAO - which I am talking about in one exclusive page - Sao Luis will be a very clever and very rare decision.
SOMETHING IS FOR SURE, YOU WILL NEVER REGRET.
Actually this is my 5th time here, and I am always in maranhao at least in each two months..the tete is full of wild places that I have to write tour reports, and I love learning with my own people, and every trip to maranhão is a pleasant surprise and I can realize how rich is brazil in culture, tradition and beauties, since ancient times men are finding so many untouched places where the NATURE RULES...I am sure that there are more to find here in this lovely endless spectacular place. I am doing alot working here, try to promote this location not only to the World, but to my own people. We brazilians, should find out more about our own land!
My duty here is to make Maranhão an easier destination to all my friends.
São Luis can be a reference to all travellers who are willing to add in the adventure list such a wild destination called MARANHÃO!
I live in Rio, and Marcone, my best friend and best travel companiors are always ready to explore new places and learn much more about our country, and all my friends from different countries are more than invited to join us!
Maranhao has no Copacabana, Maranhao has no Iguazu Falls...The only name that you must have heard that can be found in Maranhao is for sure AMAZONIA, because getting closer to the limits of Para States, part of its territories really reaches the Amazon Region which also can give us great surprises. but for the traveller who recently steps on the incredible lands of Maranhao, he or she will come across with names hard to memorize, and very exotic names like TAPUTIU, RAPOSA, BACANGA...
Places with spectacular sand dune beaches, endless mongrove roads and little jungles close to the capital city. Surprises are countless in Maranhao and I hope I could help all my friends to explore more and more of this lovely State.
MARANHAO HAS A LARGE VARIETY OF WILDERNESS, places that not even the locals have any idea that they exist, places where wild animals can be spotted everywhere, places that not even the television had reached. It is a great cvhance that we have to know more about brazilian coulture.
MARANHAO HAS EXOTIC BEACHES, LARGE WETLANDS AND INCREDIBLE AMAZON JUNGLES...
Not to mention, but the State has the largest DELTA in the World: PARNAIBA DELTA...Leaving behind the enourmous delta of the Nile and the Mississipi.
Maranhao is a personal destination for me, there I have fantastic friends and I am in love with the local traditions and all the environment of such a free State. They call themselves as the MIDDLE NORTH...Not excatly northeast, not exactly north...MARANHAO HAS ITS UNIQUE PERSONALITY...
It also takes an important part of our portuguese language, the portuguese spoken there is said to be the closest to our mother language in Portugal. They really speak in a soft and clear way, and they are more efficient with grammar.
YOU SHOULD COME AND SEE...Maranhao is my opinion is a awaken dream!
Words are useless to make you understand how unique and fabulous this region is...I can write a book here and I will never get close to describe such a beauty....I am very fortunated to witness one of the most fascinating landscapes of this Planet, maybe one of the most interesting places in this Universe...AND I AM NOT EXAGERATTING.... hahaha people always think I do....
I have been to 18 States in the country and I can humbly say, this is with no shade of doubt one of the most breathtaking places I have ever been...
LENCOIS, as people name it, are simply SOMETHING OUT OF DESCRIPTION.
Dunes, walking under a severe heat can be awarded by a great and feresh swimming in many of sparkling blue lagoons...Rain water only...fresh water...laggons which simply arise and die according to the wish of Nature...There is only one lagoon that never gets dry, that is the impressive Lagoa Bonita.
It is for sure one of the MUST SEE places in Brazil, few travellers have the opportunity to be there!!!
Thanks to my great friend Hamad I had the chance to explore (with that great traveller by my side) the secrets of a hidden land, but I am here to tell our great brazilian fans that Paradises in Brazil are very common to find!
- Pros:A vast State which invites you for adventure!
- Cons:You will be willing to have a home there!;) MARANHÃO IS MORE THAN A HOME...MARANHAO IS A LIVELY PASSION!
- In a nutshell:As usual, I will be back!!!!
CAROLINA has quiet streets and it is life has a lot to do with Tocantins River, it is a village where no one lock the... more travel advice
I consider myself very adventurous. I keep on travelling my own country in order to find new destinations to improve my... more travel advice
- See All THIS IS MY GREAT ASSISTANT
- See All CASA DO MARANHAO - THE MAIN BUMBA MEU...
- See All LIFE IN THE SUBURBS - COHASERMA
RafaelTheSecond's Related Pages
Estado do Maranhão Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SOME OF THE BIG SURPRISES IN BRAZIL - MARANHÃO"
- "Lençois and Sao Luis"
- "AN OASIS AT THE STATE OF MARANHAO"
- "Maranhão - estado dos Quilombos"
- "Maranão - where nordeste and amazônia meet"
- "Parque Nacional dos Lencois Maranhenses"
- "ILHA DOS LENÇÓIS - A NEW ECOTOURISM DESTINATION!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estado do Maranhão
- Hotels in Estado do Maranhão
- Transportation in Estado do Maranhão
- Nightlife in Estado do Maranhão
- Restaurants in Estado do Maranhão
- Shopping in Estado do Maranhão
- Warnings and Dangers in Estado do Maranhão
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estado do Maranhão
- 40 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Estado do Maranhão?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estado do Maranhão
- Posted in Travel Rio de Janeiro Forum "ILHA GRANDE IS ONE OF THE BEST..."
- Wrote a Review GOING SOUTH - CAROLINA - PART TWO in Estado do Maranhão Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "GOING SOUTH - CAROLINA - PART TWO"
- updated a Estado do Maranhão Travel Page "SOME OF THE BIG SURPRISES IN BRAZIL - MARANHÃO"
Photos in Estado do MaranhãoSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 467 reviews, 487 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 128 reviews, 132 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bùzios Intro, 63 reviews, 66 photos
- Montreal Intro, 61 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination São Paulo Intro, 60 reviews, 62 photos
- Teixeira Intro, 48 reviews, 51 photos
- Estado do Maranhão Intro, 40 reviews, 41 photos
- Canada Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Bocaina de Minas Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination João Pessoa Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos