"A MAGIC LITTLE VILLAGE IN ARGENTINA" Puerto Iguazú by RafaelTheSecond
Puerto Iguazú Travel Guide: 211 reviews and 605 photos
It is hard to explain how fascinating this little village is to everyone who loves nature, but this little village holds a WORLD'S TREASURE: The Falls or simply the CATARATAS.
Way bigger than any other falls in the world. VICTORIA pays respect to IGUAZU...Niagara is nothing more than a beautiful bath tub if you think about any comparison. MONT MORENCY becames just a water tap, and the falls of Niles are just a big ammount of litte rocks when IGUAZU COMES TO YOUR MIND!
IGUAZU FALLS IS ALWAYS PRESENT IN THE HEAD OF A REAL TRAVELLERS, THIS, NO ONE CAN DENY!
One good relief for me is that Iguazu is also part of Brazil and the two country shares this incredible paradise of water, full of green, animals, all forms of river and water falls. But as I brazilian I must ay that it is quite frustrating to notice the the argentinean side has more things to do and they are way more prepared to welcome all kind of people.
THE SCENERY IS REALLY BREATHTAKING AND WHEN YOU ARE UNDER THE FALLS THE AIR IS REALLY MISSING...You have to be brave, you have to be really prepared to see so many beautiful things!
THE STRENGH OF NATURE CAN BE FELT IN THIS PLACE!
Ths side of the Park was created in 1934 and since 1984 it has been declared UNESCO World Heritage Site owing to its beatifull landscapes and large biodiversity of the subtropical forest. Its biodiversity is massive... A native flora with over 2000 species including: ferns, bromelias, orchids, palms and many large species of tree which serve as scaffolding for an equally large variety of climbing plants. These in turn provides fruits which lure the local fauna such as coatíes and toucans to name a few examples. Everywhere you look you see a different flower, a different tree and all kinds of very exotic fruits while you walk or when you are exploring Iguazu River by boat, strolling around between forest corridors you can see how absolutely rich the fauna and the flore of this area is.
450 kinds of birds, wich can often be observed in the open in the early morning and at nightfall You can likely easily see toucans urracas teros, parrot and the incredible vencejos. This last species is endemic to Iguazú Falls. Many exotic species can surprise you, it is so amazing to see all of them flying around, hunting and making you forget the stressfull life of a big city. In Iguazu everything is wild. Among the mammals some wild cats can be found and the QUATIS are the public relations in the park, a quati is a sort of "brazilian or argentinean racoon", they are present everywhere in the park. A countless number of insects can be found there, not only the so annoying mosquitoes, but you can see an spectacular show of butterflies everywhere in the park.
One of the most significant conservation aspects is the protection of species which are endangered such as the jaguar, if you are lucky in the first hours of the morning you can see one hidden in the thick forest.
THE WHOLE PARK CONVINCES YOU THAT YOU DO NOT NEED TO GO TO A ZOO TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE NATURE, JUST TAKE SOME TIME AND TRAVEL TO PLACES LIKE THIS AND YOU WILL SEE EVERYTHING IN THE WILDERNESS!
I really love the Falls, it is for sure one of my fave destinations in South America
This is for you never miss this very good hotel with unique services...do not expect luxury there, it is a decent place... more travel advice
RafaelTheSecond's Related Pages
Puerto Iguazú Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Puerto Iguazu - Very Nice!"
- "Puerto Iguazù - real authentic"
- "Puerto Iguazu, Argentina"
- "the gate to poetry!"
- "The Falls From the Argentina Prospective"
- "Puerto Iguazu... the door to the paradise!"
- "Small Town by the Big Falls"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puerto Iguazú
- Hotels in Puerto Iguazú
- Transportation in Puerto Iguazú
- Nightlife in Puerto Iguazú
- Restaurants in Puerto Iguazú
- Shopping in Puerto Iguazú
- Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Iguazú
- See All...
Explore the World
- Washington Crossing State Park Hotels
- Channapatna Hotels
- Freiburg im Breisgau
- Port Royal Hotels
- Karasjok / Karasjohka
- Beebeetown Hotels
- Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Hotels
- Pune Hotels
- Puerto Peñasco
- Davao City
- Wisconsin Dells
Badges & Stats in Puerto Iguazú
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Puerto Iguazú?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puerto Iguazú
- Posted in Travel Rio de Janeiro Forum "ILHA GRANDE IS ONE OF THE BEST..."
- Wrote a Review THE RIGHT LOCATION in Puerto Iguazú Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "THE RIGHT LOCATION"
- Commented on one of vtveen's Puerto Iguazú travel pages
- updated a Puerto Iguazú Travel Page "A MAGIC LITTLE VILLAGE IN ARGENTINA"
Photos in Puerto IguazúSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 467 reviews, 487 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 128 reviews, 132 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bùzios Intro, 63 reviews, 66 photos
- Montreal Intro, 61 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination São Paulo Intro, 60 reviews, 62 photos
- Teixeira Intro, 48 reviews, 51 photos
- Estado do Maranhão Intro, 40 reviews, 41 photos
- Canada Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Bocaina de Minas Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination João Pessoa Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (77)
Latest Puerto Iguazú hotel reviews
- Sheraton Iguazu Resort & Spa
- 873 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Hotel Riotropic
- 127 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- Hotel Jardin de Iguazu
- 181 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Esturion Hotel & Lodge
- 117 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 14, 2013
- Boutique Hotel de la Fonte
- 126 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- La Aldea de la Selva Lodge & Spa
- 138 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Loi Suites Iguazu
- 187 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Iguazu Grand Resort, Spa & Casino
- 118 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- Iguazu Jungle Lodge
- 115 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- La Sorgente Hotel Posada
- 226 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Iguazu National Park Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Dec 2, 2009
- Hostel Park Iguazu
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 15, 2013
- Residencial Uno
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 21, 2013
- Complejo Turistico Americano
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 3, 2013
- Alexander Hotel
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013