"RIO DE JANEIRO HAS SECRETS" Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro by RafaelTheSecond

Rio de Janeiro Travel Guide: 3,648 reviews and 6,571 photos

RIO DE JANEIRO - MY NUMBER ONE CITY

If God is Brazilian, JESUS CHRIST is from Rio de Janeiro.

It is not San Francisco...but I can say that I left my heart in Rio de Janeiro!!! :) My heart is here, all the values that I have are rooted here and this happiness of being a CARIOCA remains in my mind, in my soul and also in my body.

Loving Rio is a matter of feelings...I get very sentimental when I think about my city, and for me, it is agreat gift being able to show every little corner of Rio de Janeiro to my friend!

Rio is GREEN....Life is colourful, birds, animals, everything, and in every street we never forget also (sometimes it is good, sometimes it is bad) that we are in a big big city, but this is how charming the city can be!

I want people to read about a Rio with full of happiness, I want all visitors to live the best of the city and tell to anyone that Rio de Janeiro is one of the most beautiful destination in the World. The city is fantastic, full of beaches, green hills and populated by the Cariocas....

CARIOCAS mean in indian language, houses for white people, that is how the indians used to call the first white men who settled in this land!;)

Well, I am a Carioca and I am proud of my city. I hope you could really enjjoy my Rio's page, it is here to expresse my view about the city which I adore, the page is also to tell you where to go and where no to go!

Rio is peace, Rio is enviroment preservation, and Rio is green. Rio means ocean, means happy people!

Coming here you will experience everything, a smile from the people, the coolest waves to avoid your heat, and the sun to get your skin tanned!

I LOVE RIO DE JANEIRO, THIS IS MY HOME AND I AM PROUD TO LIVE WHERE EVERYTHING HAPPENS IN TOWN. I am living in Copaxabana, I left my dearest Niteroi and went to the delicious madness of this big magnificent town!!!

Loving Rio is easy...Beaches everywhere with green mountains all around, good ambience in every little corner, from the rich to the poor. Being in a place where they really do not care about your pockets, but they do pay attention in your heart, being in a place where PEOPLE LOOK IN THE EYE and give you a big smile. Enjoying a place where the weather is generous, the air is nice and the music is in the air.

Rio de Janeiro is for sure much more than a holidays destination, it is the soul of Brazil and the door number one of every destination in the country!

Coming to Brazil without seeing Rio is not being in Brazil, every attempt to avoid Rio will make your trip incomplete!

Forget about what people tell you, come here and check for yourself, and you will realize that Rio de Janeiro is nothing else by your own home!

A trip to Rio will make you be a guest to a Paradise!

BRAZIL HAS A DOOR: RIO DE JANEIRO

No doubt, when you think about Brazil, Rio will come first in your mind. And yes, you should really believe it. Rio can be the first step of your trip in Brazil.

Just ignore what other people say about Rio, come here and see for yourself! Lovely sunny beaches all surrounded by green mountains, little nice small towns all over the states, names that you have never heard like NITEROI, ARRAIAL DO CABO, ILHA GRANDE, SAQUAREMA, MANGARATIBA: you will find high mountains in ranges called Orgãos and Mantiqueira where you will find waterfalls with mineral water in PETROPOLIS, TERESOPOLIS, FRIBURGO, ITATIAIA, VISCONDE DE MAUA, ITABORAÍ. Farmlands with a rich cultural heritage like in VASSOURAS, RIO BONITO AND RESENDE.

Your trip in rio can be a sample of all we have to offer in Brazil.

Rio still have its glamour, if you come to Rio you will sip your cold brazilian SKOL in Copacabana beach, you will bake in the sun on Ipanema's sand, you will see the Sugar Loaf, and you will get hugged by the Christ...but do not forget to visit deeply the surroundings, and get mixed with the locals at Feira do Nordeste, you will see wildlife in Prainha Beach and you can cross the bay to explore the second Rio's largest city called Niteroi!

Rio is an invitation for adventure, Rio is an invitation of romance. Rio is an invitation for enjoying life.

Probably you will not speak portuguese, but the smile of our people will tell you everything you need to know that you are in a place ready to be your second home!!!

Rio de Janeiro is a place for life's lovers!!! And do not forget...Never act like a tourist here, act like yourself and feel free to do everything you wish!

Something I have to add...Rio is an enormous city, so you will find many social problems, but be sure we are resisting and make our land a better place, we do say no to violence and crime, and we are working very hard to make Rio a safer place.

Act positive, avoid the suburbs and the favelas. Favelas are not touristic places, at least you did not come to rio to see poverty, favelas are places where people who do not have so much opportunities in life live, it does not mean that favela had bad people, Favela are hills of places in the suburbs where poor people life, do not pay money to see other's people suffering if your money do not help that people!

As for beers, our most famous beer is SKOL, you will see it everywhere...But give a chance to ITAIPAVA and you see that you will be drinking an alcaholic orgasm!;)

COME TO RIO EVERYTIME YOU THINK ABOUT GOOD LIFE AND A PLACE WHERE YOU WILL REALLY BE CONFORTABLE. make Rio your house, make Rio the best place for your remarkable memories!

TO MY AMERICAN FRIENDS WITH LOVE

They really help in my work here and thanks for so many visits to Rio and in Brazil I have made incredible friends. My last american friends came from Seattle and decided to visit this interesting huge country called Brazil. For me it was a honor to welcome Haley and Scott, a couple which decided to live life with true love, and their love is a real inspiration to make this Wold better!!!

We did a lot in the State, and Rio remained as their own homes!

I see USA as a brother country of Brazil, and all the americans as friends!

I have to thank alot for my american friends which made possible more studies, more research about my own country and also to make my work better, most of my guests come from different States of USA. SO I AM ABLE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR PEOPLE LIKE DOING WHEN THEY COME HERE! I would love to visit your country one day because many american symbols influenced my life such as the classic 30-40-50-60s songs with incredible composers like Gershwin, Cole Porter and lately Burt Bacharah, and incredible names of american music that I love such as Billy Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, Aretha Franklin, Tony Bennet, Dione Warick and the SACRED MONSTER which for me she is my everlast queen, TINA TURNER...Oh well, so many things from the deep american thinkers to my childhood symbols like DONALD DUCK and Garfield, and the incredible nature beauties of your country that I have always wanted to see such as the autunn leaves of New England, New Hampshire and Maine, the coast of Cape Cod, the countryside of beautiful New York State, the unusual and not so visited countryside of Florida including hidden beaches away from the busiest Miami and other famous places igually beautiful as Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale and Tampa; the marshy lands of Louisiana, the course of Mississipe, the great lakes up north, the lakes and falls of Minnessota; the Rockies, the magnificent Yellowstone Park, the greenery of Wyoming, Idaho and Iowa, the everlast green Washington State with magic Seattle, the Rainier Mountain and the Olympics, the coast from Oregon to California, and my goodness, the Grand Canyion, so many things to see, so many different people to meet...I tried hard twice to get a visa, but your government denied me for the simple fact that I have no ties with Rio and work on my own, they believe that I want to live in the US, but they do not know that I welcome their people as brothers and that I do a lot to provide safe, interesting and lots of fun any visit in Brazil. One day I will try again, not now because I have to accomplish some important tasks in my life here, but I want you to be such that I have a great admiration for your country, and I see our 3 America as ONE...we are all americans!

More american friends are coming like James who will help me to write more nice stories in my book of life!!!

THANK YOU UNITED STATES OF AMERICA for so much attention, companioship, cumplicity, friendsip and love.

• Pros:Rio is an addiction
  • Cons:You will never have a last time to come, you will be willing to return as soon as you can!;)
  • In a nutshell:This is my land and I am very proud about it!
  • Last visit to Rio de Janeiro: May 2006
  • Intro Updated Nov 20, 2007

• Apr 24, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Hello Rafael, I lived in Brazil and would love to come back for New Years Eve with my boyfriend. I agree with you that renting an apartment is the best option. How can I get more information, Obrigada

• jesa00's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Thanks for the tip! Very helpful and it helps me plan my upcoming travel to Rio :) Obrigado

• LadyRVG's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2010 at 5:57 AM

Thanks for the tips! We're booked at the Copacabana Palace. How is that for loaction?

• Elisabcn's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Very enthousiastic intro about Rio, Rafael! And nice sunset pic in Ipanema :-) Very curious about the beer-alcoholic orgasm, I have to go there :-))) Thanks

• zumodemango's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2009 at 8:20 AM

nice place to be!great! i would say better! eva

• quime's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2009 at 7:33 AM

wow, great woman! keep calling her just to say hello please!

• redsonia's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2008 at 7:54 PM

Rafa That's a beautiful idea. Let me me know if your still working on it.. Would love to help out and going for a visit early January..

• Dec 23, 2008 at 12:48 AM

I will be coming to Rio on December 25 for 4 nights and would like to get a tour. You can email me at sherna.parson@mindspring.com ASAP if available.

• Sharrie's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2008 at 11:55 PM

You've a lot of love to share about life & your city. I'd love to check them out later as I'm vacationing in Saipan now. I'll be back... Keep up the enthusiasm and the wonderful sense of humor!!! I'm going to catch the sunset now, cu later!

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2008 at 2:00 PM

An energetic page you have built Rafa! I'll be back tomorrow to read more about Rio!! Thanks!

RafaelTheSecond Lives Here!

RafaelTheSecond

“If you have a problem, give yourself a smile...Smile to everyone, it's free!”

Badges & Stats in Rio de Janeiro

Have you been to Rio de Janeiro?