"SÃO PAULO - SAMPA - MY BIG URBAN SHELTER" Top 5 Page for this destination São Paulo by RafaelTheSecond
São Paulo Travel Guide: 852 reviews and 1,743 photos
Imigrantes...this word in English means Immigrants..and this is the great word for São Paulo, a land who was settled by people from many different part of the world, and also a city who was built thanks for the effort of many brazilian especially coming from the North East of the country.
Powered by very clever brains but constructed by the human efforts of many brazilian workers.
I usually go to São Paulo because I have deep links with the city...relatives living there, incredible friends...and everything I need in a big and modern city. If I need culture...I go to São Paulo, if I need good food, São paulo has the best restaurants in the country...if I need to have fun..wow let's go to São Paulo.
Sampa for friends and for people who really love São Paulo.
It will be always very complicate to explain such a fascinating city like São Paulo...too many races, too many different faces...If you want to really understand this great country called Brazil, I think São paulo should be included in your travel list.
Sao Paulo is like a generous mother, a city which strives to grow with no racial differences, a city where everyone has the right to succeed. But just like every big city, here you are the winner if you are brave and prepared. There is no space for weakness.
On the other hand São Paulo can be sophisticated with its fine residential neighborhoods of Jardins, Pacaembu, Morumbi, Ibirapuera and Moema. São Paulo can be hi tech like the Brooklyn and Avenida Paulista.
São Paulo can be popular in its huge markets and many arabic and chinese stores.
São Paulo also can be poverty and misery with its sad slums and polluted rivers, like everywhere in the world, each city has its dark side!
São Paulo is the place where I love go eating, specially the localocal fair of Liberdade where I can find the best japonese food in Brazil.
São Paulo can provide you a large knowledge of all over Brazil, because the whole country is here! The finantial centre is here, the money is here!
I would call it as Tropical New York. It can be fascinating and frustrating at the same time!
Sao Paulo can be green and happy with the crowded parks in a sunday day, or in the hills and the surroundings of the city!
Many cariocas (natives from Rio) do not like São Paulo at all, but I am one of the fewest who love the city and always wish to come back!
I REALLY LOVE MY "PAULISTANO" SIDE!!! :))))
- Pros:Never end city, multiple choices, freedom of being who you want to be!;)
- Cons:The city can devour you!
- In a nutshell:One of my favourite destinations, so I will always be back!
I have heard many italians saying that PASTA in São Paulo are way better than the pastas in ITALIA! and I think it is... more travel advice
São Paulo, a city where I feel at home and where I have many people I love, and secrets places that I like going... more travel advice
RafaelTheSecond's Related Pages
São Paulo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Short glimpses at São Paulo , my place....."
- "SÃO PAULO - SAMPA - MY BIG URBAN SHELTER"
- "Cidade da Garoa"
- "Who am I to give advice?"
- "São Paulo"
- "Gasoline fumes and roasting meat...aaahhhh!"
- "More on Sao Paulo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in São Paulo
- Hotels in São Paulo
- Transportation in São Paulo
- Nightlife in São Paulo
- Restaurants in São Paulo
- Shopping in São Paulo
- Warnings and Dangers in São Paulo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in São Paulo
- 60 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to São Paulo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in São Paulo
- Commented on one of Sharrie's São Paulo travel pages
- Wrote a Review EATING GOOD IN SAMPA in São Paulo Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "GOOD MORNING SAO PAULO"
- updated a São Paulo Travel Page "SÃO PAULO - SAMPA - MY BIG URBAN SHELTER"
- Posted in Travel Rio de Janeiro Forum "ILHA GRANDE IS ONE OF THE BEST..."
Photos in São PauloSee All Photos (62)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 467 reviews, 487 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 128 reviews, 132 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bùzios Intro, 63 reviews, 66 photos
- Montreal Intro, 61 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination São Paulo Intro, 60 reviews, 62 photos
- Teixeira Intro, 48 reviews, 51 photos
- Estado do Maranhão Intro, 40 reviews, 41 photos
- Canada Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Bocaina de Minas Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination João Pessoa Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (76)
Latest São Paulo hotel reviews
- Hotel Nh Della Volpe
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 14, 2013
- Parthenon The Excellence
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Lorena Flat
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 24, 2013
- Parthenon Sao Paulo The Town
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Parthenon Saint Lawrence
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo
- 280 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Ninety HB Flat
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Hotel Unique
- 147 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 28, 2013
- Novotel Jaragua Hotel
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Sofitel Sao Paulo
- 90 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi
- 328 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Hotel Caesar SP Int. Airport
- 102 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Ibis Sao Paulo Paulista
- 96 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013