"SÃO PAULO - SAMPA - MY BIG URBAN SHELTER" Top 5 Page for this destination São Paulo by RafaelTheSecond

São Paulo Travel Guide: 852 reviews and 1,745 photos

MANY "BRAZILS" IN ONE CITY

Imigrantes...this word in English means Immigrants..and this is the great word for São Paulo, a land who was settled by people from many different part of the world, and also a city who was built thanks for the effort of many brazilian especially coming from the North East of the country.

Powered by very clever brains but constructed by the human efforts of many brazilian workers.

I usually go to São Paulo because I have deep links with the city...relatives living there, incredible friends...and everything I need in a big and modern city. If I need culture...I go to São Paulo, if I need good food, São paulo has the best restaurants in the country...if I need to have fun..wow let's go to São Paulo.

Sampa for friends and for people who really love São Paulo.

It will be always very complicate to explain such a fascinating city like São Paulo...too many races, too many different faces...If you want to really understand this great country called Brazil, I think São paulo should be included in your travel list.

Sao Paulo is like a generous mother, a city which strives to grow with no racial differences, a city where everyone has the right to succeed. But just like every big city, here you are the winner if you are brave and prepared. There is no space for weakness.

On the other hand São Paulo can be sophisticated with its fine residential neighborhoods of Jardins, Pacaembu, Morumbi, Ibirapuera and Moema. São Paulo can be hi tech like the Brooklyn and Avenida Paulista.

São Paulo can be popular in its huge markets and many arabic and chinese stores.

São Paulo also can be poverty and misery with its sad slums and polluted rivers, like everywhere in the world, each city has its dark side!

São Paulo is the place where I love go eating, specially the localocal fair of Liberdade where I can find the best japonese food in Brazil.

São Paulo can provide you a large knowledge of all over Brazil, because the whole country is here! The finantial centre is here, the money is here!

I would call it as Tropical New York. It can be fascinating and frustrating at the same time!

Sao Paulo can be green and happy with the crowded parks in a sunday day, or in the hills and the surroundings of the city!

Many cariocas (natives from Rio) do not like São Paulo at all, but I am one of the fewest who love the city and always wish to come back!

I REALLY LOVE MY "PAULISTANO" SIDE!!! :))))

• Pros:Never end city, multiple choices, freedom of being who you want to be!;)
  • Cons:The city can devour you!
  • In a nutshell:One of my favourite destinations, so I will always be back!
  • Last visit to São Paulo: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated Apr 22, 2008

• jesa00's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2010 at 1:24 AM

Oi Rafael! I enjoyed reading your tips and I'm looking forward to my first trip to Sao Paulo in October... Thanks again for sharing :)

• jonah1's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2009 at 5:37 AM

Hey Rafael Thanks for your tips they are very valuable. I will be in Sao Paulo for the first time in October this year and have been a little nervous as I know nothing about this huge city but I have got some valuable information thanks John

• TXgal's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Great tips! Thank you for your information, I will be in SP for the first time in a couple of weeks, I cannot wait!

• Feb 29, 2008 at 4:09 AM

I love Brazil! Also i like and Sao Paulo and many other cities and places there! volopolo

• Valeggua's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2007 at 4:51 AM

Hi rafaefl, I really enjoyed reading your Sao Paolo page and interesting tips. Next month I'll be in Sao Paolo for 2 days, you made me curious! Greetings, Val Greetings Valerie

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2007 at 4:27 PM

Hi Thanks for visiting my Australian pages, I have always had a fasination for Brazil & South America from my school days and am determined to get there within the next 5 years.

• olddude's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2007 at 10:22 PM

One of my best friends in the whole world is an Okinawan who was born in Sao Paulo.

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2007 at 5:43 AM

Oh Rafael, I have MANY Brazilian friends going back 25 years! I am in love w/ your country. The Best in S America for sure!

• Karlie85's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2007 at 8:30 PM

My new place that I'm getting obsessed with is Brazil. I want to go so bad! I have a CD of bands from Sao Paulo called the sexual lives of savages. It's pretty interesting. Nice pages :)

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2006 at 12:59 PM

always an unusual read around here

RafaelTheSecond Visits Here Frequently!

RafaelTheSecond

“If you have a problem, give yourself a smile...Smile to everyone, it's free!”

Badges & Stats in São Paulo

Have you been to São Paulo?