"Altenahr" Top 5 Page for this destination Altenahr by MelanieBee
Altenahr Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 164 photos
Altenahr is a picturesque village set in a deep gorge of the Ahr valley. As we were there before the summer crowds, it was very quiet and a lot of the tourist shops were closed. In summertime, this village would be very crowded and busy.
There isn't much to do in Altenahr itself, but it is a good base for exploring the Ahr valley or for excursions to Bonn or Cologne.
There are a large number of restaurants to choose from in the village and you will be spoilt for choice. There are also a lot of hotels to choose from.
For great views of the valley and Altenahr village, take the chairlift up the mountain (330m). You can also go hiking... more travel advice
MelanieBee's Related Pages
Altenahr Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Red wine - here I come"
- "Burg and wine"
- "Altenahr - In the heart of the Ahr Wine Region"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Altenahr
- Hotels in Altenahr
- Transportation in Altenahr
- Nightlife in Altenahr
- Restaurants in Altenahr
- Shopping in Altenahr
- Warnings and Dangers in Altenahr
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Altenahr
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Altenahr?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Altenahr
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos
- Kitzbühel Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nyköping Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Matmata Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Altenahr Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Namib-Naukluft Park 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Santillana Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos