"The City of Angels" Bangkok by genie47
Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,502 reviews and 23,630 photos
Landed here not expecting much since I live in a city. Instead I was pleasantly surprised. Bangkok's slight disorderly nature appeals much to me. Maybe because I come from a really sterile city.
Interestingly, you get awed by these monuments. Its like visiting many Taj Mahals.
On holidays they can be very crowded but there are many little unnoticed temples that are worth visiting besides the well-known ones. See my travelogues.
I can't go on without mentioning the night life. I'm not a participant of such rituals but the shopping at Patpong is interesting for a first timer like my wife here.
Replica luxury watches, replica luxury pens, replica luxury bags, replica T-shirts. It is unreal!
- Pros:Inexpensive, food, shopping, temples, monuments
- Cons:Heat and traffic
- In a nutshell:Concentrated tourism
Very pleasant stay here. The staff are very courteous. The rooftop pool has gorgeous views of the city in the day and... more travel advice
genie47's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Links to Street Maps: Finding Your Way"
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 3 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
Photos in BangkokSee All Photos (26)
Videos in BangkokSee All Videos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Kanchanaburi Intro, 11 reviews, 89 photos, 6 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 16 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 3 reviews, 67 photos, 7 travelogues
- Port Dickson Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kota Tinggi Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 3 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Negeri Terengganu Intro, 4 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Rompin Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ban Khao Lak 15 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.