"Kukup - a little of yesterday" Kukup by genie47
Kukup Travel Guide: 131 reviews and 339 photos
Welcome to the edge of Asia! The southern-most tip anyway. Oops! Not exactly the southern-most anyway. The credit belongs to Tg Piai which is just a short drive away.
Nothing much happens in this town except that it is the launch off point to get to see Pulau Kukup which is a large mangrove island. It is designated as a national park and this gives you are chance to see one of the last few mangrove wetlands left. It is protected and must be. Mangrove wetlands are the "nurseries" of the most of the world's fishes. Here is their rough and tough neighborhood where the young fry eat and grow into bigger fishes that in the end get fished up by us to eat.
The seafood which is so much mentioned in this place is OK. Maybe a little overhyped but OK and I will not consider it a tourist trap.
- Pros:Great if you are an ecotourist wanting to see mangrove forests
- Cons:Hot and humid
- In a nutshell:For a bygone era, mangrove wetlands and unique lifestyle of the locals
A large mangrove wetland island. Chartered boat rides and ecotours of the place are available on Kukup itself. MYR5.00... more travel advice
genie47's Related Pages
Kukup Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Fishing Village on Stilts"
- "Kukup - Small town by the sea with good seafood"
- "Kukup or Kukup Laut"
- "K U K U P - fishing community"
- "Nice Little Town Called Kukup"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kukup
- Hotels in Kukup
- Transportation in Kukup
- Nightlife in Kukup
- Restaurants in Kukup
- Shopping in Kukup
- Warnings and Dangers in Kukup
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kukup
- 3 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kukup?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kukup
Photos in KukupSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Kanchanaburi Intro, 11 reviews, 89 photos, 6 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 16 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 3 reviews, 67 photos, 7 travelogues
- Port Dickson Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kota Tinggi Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 3 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Negeri Terengganu Intro, 4 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Rompin Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kukup Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.