"Middle East 2010" Egypt by TheAndos
Egypt Travel Guide: 15,808 reviews and 39,596 photos
Day 1: fly into Cairo, traffic, traffic, traffic
Day 2: visit Coptic Cairo and old centre, recover from jetlag
Day 3: visit Pyramids, Sphinx, Egyptian Museum
Day 4: travel to Alexandria to see catacombs, overnight
Day 5: visit library - the second biggest in the world. Back to Cairo for overnight train to......
Day 6: Aswan. Visit Philae Temple, followed by camel ride and visit to Nubian village for dinner.
Day 7: Get up at 3am for early flight to Abu Simbel, which beat the Pyramids as highlight of the trip. In afternoon board cruise boat.
Day 8: Felucca ride, cruise departs. Sunset visit to temple at Kom Ombo.
Day 9: early visit to Temple of Hourus at Edfu. Pass through lock at Esna. Dock in Luxor.
Day 10: visit Valley of Kings and West Bank.
Day 11: Second visit to West Bank, in afternoon Karnak Temple.
Day 12: Early flight to Cairo, afternoon at souq
Day 13: Depart for Jordan.
NB This tour was operated by Intrepid Travel Australia, only 12 of us in the group with Walid our wonderful guide. Highly recommended.
Day 13: arrive Amman and visit the old city and amphitheatre
Day 14: visit Um Quais (view of Sea of Galillee and Golan Heights), Aljouin and Jerash.
Day 15: drive to Mt Nebo and Madaba, then south to the canyon of Wadi Mujib, visit to castle of Kerak. On to Petra for overnight.
Day 16: Visit Petra
Day 17: Visit Little Petra then on to Wadi Rum for 4 wheel drive, sunset and overnight with the Bedouin at Moon Valley Camp.
Day 18: Short visit to Aqaba then drive north to the Dead Sea. Overnight at the splendid Movenpick Resort.
Day 19: Fly to Dubai
NB Booked this part through Jordan Direct.
We booked the Arabian Courtyard (recommended by VT-er Jess) and paid extra to be the executive level, 3 free drinks and canapes in evening, breakfast, large room. Great location near to The Creek which isn't a creek it is a full size river.
We had friends in Dubai who insisted on giving us the full 2 day tour, don't think we missed anything! Dubai is OVER THE TOP! We have seen the Taj Mahal, Machu Pichu, the Pyramids but our jaws never dropped as much as in Dubai!
TheAndos' Related Pages
Egypt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "EGYPT - DECODING THE PAST"
- "Egypt- "Welcome to Egypt, Where's my tip? ""
- "Small pieces of a beautiful dream"
- "Another point of view on history of Egypt"
- "Paul2001's Egypt Page"
- "Nile Cruise- experience the Pharaonic times &Sharm"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Egypt
- Hotels in Egypt
- Transportation in Egypt
- Nightlife in Egypt
- Restaurants in Egypt
- Shopping in Egypt
- Warnings and Dangers in Egypt
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Egypt
- 4 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Egypt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Egypt
Top 10 Pages
- State of Tasmania Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Jordan Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Turkey Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nelson Bay Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Egypt Intro, 1 review, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vietnam Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Hanoi 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Luxor 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Madrid Intro, 5 reviews, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo, 1 travelogue
Top Egypt hotels
- Sharm El Sheikh Hotels
- 1318 Reviews - 2335 Photos
- Hurghada Hotels
- 670 Reviews - 1673 Photos
- Cairo Hotels
- 3867 Reviews - 8922 Photos
- Alexandria Hotels
- 662 Reviews - 1727 Photos
- Luxor Hotels
- 1593 Reviews - 4319 Photos
- Taba Hotels
- 60 Reviews - 177 Photos
- Aswan Hotels
- 610 Reviews - 1995 Photos
- Marsa al `Alam Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 125 Photos
- Bur Safajah Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 46 Photos
- Pyramids of Giza Hotels
- 415 Reviews - 1291 Photos
- Red Sea Hills Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 27 Photos
- Nabq Hotels
- 12 Reviews - 45 Photos
- Kawm ad Dahab Hotels
- 107 Reviews - 305 Photos
- Nuweiba` Hotels
- 133 Reviews - 256 Photos
- Dhahab Hotels
- 78 Reviews - 185 Photos