"APUSENI MOUNTAINS" Muntii Apuseni by mitza_74
Muntii Apuseni Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 33 photos
Located in western Romania, they rarely rise up over 1800 m (1848 Peak Biharea, 1836 Peak Vladeasa), but the landscape of these mountains is unusually varied, due to the variety of rocks that forms them.
Apuseni are composed from different ranges covering an area of 20.000 square km., all these with their typical sights, but still forming a unity and having few speciall elements that make them so unique and spectacular among other Carpathians: caves and gorges, karst forms, gentle heights and grassy slopes,
valleys cut deep in limestone or mountain plateaus with their shepherds and flocks, hamlets of only few wooden houses hanging up on peaks or deep fir-tree forests.
The "motzii" are the ancient population of these mountains, living their lifes in deep connection with the nature, in small villages that you'll find in places you less expect, scattered across the mountain plains or forests.
Motzii are stubborn, stern and usually silent as rock, but when you get to know them better, you'll see they're also hospitable and care a lot about their lands and traditions, unchanged for centuries. Their life depends in all its aspects of the mountain: shepherding, mining and woodcraft.
- Pros:I'm not objective about Apuseni, having ancestors from here, but I trully find peace of mind and soul among these mountains!
- Cons:very bad roads and transportation, hard to reach some points, poverty of people
mitza_74's Related Pages
Muntii Apuseni Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Apuseni Mountains"
- "Hiking in the Western Carpathians"
- "APUSENI MOUNTAINS"
- See All...
“have fun, become wise!”
- No VT rank yet.
- 0 Reviews
- 259 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats in Muntii Apuseni
- 0 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Muntii Apuseni?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Muntii Apuseni
Photos in Muntii ApuseniSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Timisoara Intro, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Judetul Suceava Intro, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Arad Intro, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Judetul Arad Intro, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Oradea Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Muntii Apuseni Intro, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Judetul Timis Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cluj-Napoca Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vatra Dornei Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Orastie 8 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.