"The part of Málaga that nobody visits" Málaga by bliss7
Málaga Travel Guide: 940 reviews and 2,500 photos
When I traveled to Spain in April 2005, we stayed in Fuengirola. I had read a lot of great things about Málaga, and I wanted to visit. I expected to get off the train and see gitanos in the street dancing to the Malagueña.
Well, I think we got off at the wrong train station. No flamenco. No great monuments or palaces. Just a little park with not many people there. (This was a Sunday, people should be out and about!)
My advice to you is that if you take the commuter train from Fuengirola to Málaga, ride it until the end. Do not get off at the Málaga Renfe stop. There is absolutely nothing there!
The above picture was the nicest area we visited. We walked around, had the obligatory "churros y chocolate" and then rationalized our botched daytrip by telling ourselves that we were glad we got the "bad day" of the vacation over with so early!
- Pros:It didn't rain
- Cons:We got off in the uninteresting area of town
- In a nutshell:I need to go back to see the real thing!
bliss7's Related Pages
Málaga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MALAGA LA BELLA"
- "MALAGA "CAPITAL OF THE COSTA DEL SOL""
- "MAGNIFICENT MALAGA"
- "There's more to Malaga than the airport"
- "Malaga & Costa del Sol UNDER RECONSTRUCTION....."
- "The Fortress and castle on top ranks high"
- "A day and a bit, then two days......"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Málaga
- Hotels in Málaga
- Transportation in Málaga
- Nightlife in Málaga
- Restaurants in Málaga
- Shopping in Málaga
- Warnings and Dangers in Málaga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Málaga
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Málaga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Málaga
Top 10 Pages
- Sevilla Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 10 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Miami Beach Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tangier Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- Ramsey Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fuengirola Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cologne Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Marienfeld Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue