"The part of Málaga that nobody visits" Málaga by bliss7

Málaga Travel Guide: 887 reviews and 2,326 photos

The Málaga no one talks about, for good reason!

When I traveled to Spain in April 2005, we stayed in Fuengirola. I had read a lot of great things about Málaga, and I wanted to visit. I expected to get off the train and see gitanos in the street dancing to the Malagueña.

Well, I think we got off at the wrong train station. No flamenco. No great monuments or palaces. Just a little park with not many people there. (This was a Sunday, people should be out and about!)

My advice to you is that if you take the commuter train from Fuengirola to Málaga, ride it until the end. Do not get off at the Málaga Renfe stop. There is absolutely nothing there!

The above picture was the nicest area we visited. We walked around, had the obligatory "churros y chocolate" and then rationalized our botched daytrip by telling ourselves that we were glad we got the "bad day" of the vacation over with so early!

• Pros:It didn't rain
  • Cons:We got off in the uninteresting area of town
  • In a nutshell:I need to go back to see the real thing!
  • Last visit to Málaga: Apr 2005
  • Intro Updated Aug 30, 2005

• dangeli77's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2005 at 2:28 AM

I agree Bill. Also, anyone spending time in Spain should not overestimate bullfights scheduled. I think Conde and Cayetano (shenanigans) still owe us a good bullfight! Why does it feel like nobody's gonna enjoy this message but me? That's a bad dog! Toro!

bliss7