"Prince Edward Island" Prince Edward Island by Adagio1
Prince Edward Island Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 6 photos
Anne of Green Gables was a bestselling novel by Canadian PEI author Lucy Maud Montgomery published in 1908. Since its success the island's stores are drenched in marketing hype and paraphernalia of the most inane variety. This excessive nonsense spoilt our stay in PEI. It is a lovely Island with much to offer in scenery and history yet it is overwhelmed with obsessive interest in Anne of GG.
We drove across the Confederation Bridge and soon found our way to the Willow Green Farm B&B in Summerside. The B&B is comfortable enough but overly indulges in evangelistic religious booklets and DVDs sprinkled around the rooms. The locals told us that come the end of September most of the tourist related businesses close down. We arrived in early Oct and definitely noticed the closures. Charlottetown is the mecca of all that is historically interesting on the island with excellent Parks Canada staff at government buildings to help you discover the political history of PEI.
We had planned on staying 3 nights but cut this to two due to a storm warning that suggested the bridge and the ferry service would be closed for possibly days. We were not sad to leave.
- Pros:Historically interesting.
- Cons:Far too much hype about Anne of Green Gables
- In a nutshell:I will not return
Adagio1's Related Pages
Prince Edward Island Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Prince Edward Island
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Prince Edward Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prince Edward Island
Top 10 Pages
- Bundanoon Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Montalcino Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- France Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Geiranger Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Goslar Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Canada Intro, 3 photos
- Croatia Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Bourgogne Intro, 3 photos
- Ålesund Intro, 1 review, 2 photos