"Antigonish, Lunenburg County" Province of Nova Scotia by Adagio1
Province of Nova Scotia Travel Guide: 2,385 reviews and 6,460 photos
After escaping from a wild storm that forced us out of PEI we made it to the interesting and busy town of Antigonish Pronounced anti-go-nish. Some distance out of the town we had reserved two nights at the Azelia B&B. What a find this was. Run by Al & Mary Pat who we got along with famously. This location gave us the opportunity to visit the Cabot Trail and make it as far as Indian Brooke and back all in the one day. During this day we got to see Baddeck and the Alexander Graham Bell home, now a museum and very well run. Our visit coincided with the lobster season, wow, what wonderful meals we had.
From Antigonish we drove through Halifax, just another big city from what we could see and onto Hubbards Cove. WE stayed at the Dauphinee Inn which is in a perfect position overlooking a tranquil bay. As it was the end of the season we had the hotel to ourselves on most of the 3 nights. On the 2nd night we walked up to the Shore Club for a lobster dinner at $19.36 who could resist.
During our stay we drove to Mahone Bay and Lunenburg where the famous schooner was launched on March 26, 1921. all this coastline is just so photogenic and relatively unspoilt.
- Pros:Nova Scotia has some stunning unique coastal scenery
- Cons:None that I can think of
- In a nutshell:unspoilt and friendly
Adagio1's Related Pages
Province of Nova Scotia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "From the old country to the new."
- "beautiful Nova Scotia"
- "Farewell to Nova Scotia, your sea bound coast"
- "GOTTA LOVE NOVA SCOTIA"
- "Nova Scotia Bound!"
- "Nova Scotia "land by the Sea ""
- "The Quiet Isle of Adventures"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Nova Scotia
- Hotels in Province of Nova Scotia
- Transportation in Province of Nova Scotia
- Nightlife in Province of Nova Scotia
- Restaurants in Province of Nova Scotia
- Shopping in Province of Nova Scotia
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Nova Scotia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of Nova Scotia
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Province of Nova Scotia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Nova Scotia
Top 10 Pages
- Bundanoon Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Montalcino Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- France Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Geiranger Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Goslar Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Canada Intro, 3 photos
- Croatia Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Bourgogne Intro, 3 photos
- Ålesund Intro, 1 review, 2 photos