Las Vegas Nightlife Tips by HotRodEtte
Las Vegas Nightlife: 582 reviews and 664 photos
View of strip from GhostBar
Although we didn't get a chance to check out Rain, GhostBar is more of a place to relax, listen to some music, and get fabulous views of the strip!!! If you're anything like me, and intimidated by the "beautiful people," this is one place that will definitely have you determined to look your best! Personally, I found the crowd to be quite a bit on the snooty side. I won't lie, this is a nice place, but to stand around with no dancing, and spend money on pricey drinks only to get bumped into from the crowdedness, this was not worth the $25 cover charge.
Dress Code: Jeans are OK but they must be dressed up. No sandals or hats for men. Casual to dressy club attire is what we saw the most of.
Address: Inside the Palms Hotel
Directions: 55th floor of the Palms casino
crowd & trapeze dancer at Studio 54
The entertainment was great--1 male & 2 female go go dancers gracing the catwalks, trapeze & swing acts, fun atmosphere and great music. However the place gets VERY crowded and doesn't leave much for dancing or even walking around. Also be prepared to spend some cash--$9 for a Red Bull, $5 for a small half-sized bottle of water, $11 for Long Island iced tea. Also prepare to wait in hours-long line if you get there after 11pm.
Dress Code: Casual; jeans OK, but don't push it with the relaxed dress code. No sandals or hats for men.
Address: Inside MGM casino, entrance on 1st floor
Directions: At the MGM Grand
colorful drinks served up at rumjungle
RumJungle is a restaurant during the day, turned nightclub after dark. We were actually here during the late afternoon, to check things out and have a drink. Atmosphere was great; friendly wait staff, strong drinks and a great display. For the night, they have gogo dancers in cages/catwalks, bongo players suspended from the very top floor, water walls, plenty of tables, 3 huge stocked bars from top to bottom floor and spacious VIP areas. Ambient house music played during the day, top 40 hip hop mixes at night.
Dress Code: Not sure about dress code, however, you will most likely find all clubs to be the same in dress--no tennis shoes, no sandals/hats for men and if you wear jeans, be sure to dress them up. A bit on the pricey side, but the entertainment is top notch.
Address: Mandalay Bay
Directions: Located inside Mandalay Bay on the 1st floor.
Entrance to ICE
This was definitely the best night out for me (so far) in Vegas. Excellent funky house tunes make this a great way to dance off your aggression!!! One of my favorite electronic DJ's (Donald Glaude) is the residnet on friday nights & he really has the crowd going every time! Cover is $20 but worth it, they also have a smaller room playing hip hop and top 40 music. VIP has a great section with bottle service and a large multi level dance floor is a great addition. Warning, however--drinks are very expensive! I almost keeled over after paying $8 for a Red Bull and $6 for a bottle of water!!!! A long island iced tea will run you about $11.
Dress Code: Casual club attire. Jeans OK, but dress them up a bit! No sandals or hats for men, not sure about tennis shoes.
Address: Off the strip about a mile, Harmon Ave.
Directions: Located on Harmon, about a mile or 2 off the stirp, before you get to Hard Rock hotel.
At 24, it was just my thing...dancing to hip hop and top 40 club mixed music--but today I see it as more of a booty-humping kid fest. At one time I was into getting all the attention, too, but we all grow up sometime. This one definitely caters to the younger crowd.
Don't get me wrong, it's a cool place and a fun time. But the older we get, seeing a bunch of 22 year old girls dancing on speakers just gets old!
Dress Code: club attire
Directions: 365 convention center DR, Las Vegas
More Reviews (46)
HotRodEtte's Related Pages
Las Vegas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
- "A tourists view of Las Vegas"
- "las vegas"
- "Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
- "Viva Las Vegas"
- "Las Vegas: An Escape From Reality"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Las Vegas
- Hotels in Las Vegas
- Transportation in Las Vegas
- Nightlife in Las Vegas
- Restaurants in Las Vegas
- Shopping in Las Vegas
- Warnings and Dangers in Las Vegas
- See All...
Explore the World
- Seal Beach Hotels
- Firopotamos Hotels
- North Sydney
- Ban Khlong Khut Ta Klom Hotels
- Greystones Hotels
- East Timor
Badges & Stats in Las Vegas
- 51 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Las Vegas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Las Vegas
Photos in Las VegasSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 51 reviews, 39 photos
- New York City Intro, 22 reviews, 37 photos
- Chicago Intro, 29 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 34 reviews, 7 photos
- Toronto Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos
- Nashville Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos
- Gatlinburg Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munising Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos
- Key West Intro, 11 reviews, 8 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (16)
Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews
- Hampton Inn & Suites McCarran Las Vegas Airport
- 128 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013
- Arizona Charlie's Boulder Casino Hotel
- 91 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Budget Suites of America - West Tropicana
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 14, 2012
- Tuscany Suites Casino
- 1163 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013
- Travel Inn Downtown Las Vegas
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Jan 7, 2013
- Ferguson's Motel & Casino
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Nov 16, 2011
- Stardust Resort & Casino
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
- Downtowner Motel
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 16, 2013
- Skylofts at MGM Grand
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2013
- Extended Stay Las Vegas East Flamingo
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Residence Inn Las Vegas Hughes Center
- 121 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- KOA Las Vegas
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Boardwalk Hotel and Casino
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
- Travelodge - Las Vegas Strip
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Fremont Street Experience- 83 Reviews, 165 Photos
- Venetian Hotel - Casino- 139 Reviews, 306 Photos
- Mirage- 118 Reviews, 199 Photos
- Bellagio Fountains- 135 Reviews, 263 Photos
- MGM Grand- 62 Reviews, 109 Photos
- Caesar's Palace- 95 Reviews, 201 Photos
- Treasure Island Hotel - Casino- 58 Reviews, 110 Photos
- Lake Mead and Hoover Dam- 87 Reviews, 240 Photos
- Luxor- 74 Reviews, 136 Photos
- Stratosphere- 77 Reviews, 117 Photos
See All Las Vegas Things to Do