"Reykjavik - wonderland :)" Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Region by Viking_Girl

Reykjavík Region Travel Guide: 1,589 reviews and 4,185 photos

Home sweet home

The best thing about Reykjavik is that I live here. Here you can go to clubs and bars all night and enjoy the beautiful nature right out the city during the day.

My perfect saturday ...

Just to give you a general idea of how I spend a saturday there.....

Wake up at 10-11 (probably with a little hangover haha) go to the swimming pool, (Laugardalslaug is the best during summer) hang out there for a couple hours and then go downtown, (take bus downtown from laugardalslaug to Hlemmur busstation) and walk down laugavegur and buy some nice clothes to wear tonight. Stop somewhere for coffee and end at IDA at Laekjargata, it's a coffeshop/restaurant/bookstore. Sit down have some sushi or whatever you want and look at the latest fashion magazines or art books. If that's not your thing they have lots of other kinds of magazines. If it's a warm day skip IDA and go to Austurvollur instead, austurvollur is a green spot/small park right downtown and it's always warmer there than anywhere else. Afterwards go to your hotel change into your gorgeous new clothes and go have dinner at Apotekid, Italia, Vegamot, Maru or somewhere and go out for drinks afterwards. If you want to dance remember that the town doesn't fill with people until about midnight.

• Pros:Small, safe, beautiful surroundings, nightlife
  • Cons:Expenisve
  • Intro Updated Sep 17, 2007

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2006 at 6:49 AM

Good page!

• xantylaol's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2006 at 8:27 AM

Hi! Nice pages you got - I hope to make use of some of your tips about Iceland where i hope to go in a year or two :)

• curiosone's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2006 at 3:01 PM

Hæ!You should see where I am! I think I'm more north than you!!!^^ Sørvær(Hasvik),, A sunny Africa for you! Uhh,,an month more and I'll got the answer from the uni.. Bless/A

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2005 at 1:59 PM

Great tips!

• mohammed7026's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2005 at 1:29 PM

beautiful Iceland add more pics pls

• hundwalder's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2005 at 7:21 PM

Good start on your Iceland tips. Keep up the good work. I hope to visit Iceland some day.

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2005 at 7:09 PM

Welcome to VT. My wife and I loved our visit to your homeland back in 2002. I'll look forward to more Icelandic information on your pages as you build them. : )

Viking_Girl Lives Here!

Viking_Girl

“"Excuse me sir; I'm lost, I'm looking for a place where I can get lost!"”

Badges & Stats in Reykjavík Region

Have you been to Reykjavík Region?

Friends