"Reykjavik - wonderland :)" Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Region by Viking_Girl
Reykjavík Region Travel Guide: 1,636 reviews and 4,334 photos
The best thing about Reykjavik is that I live here. Here you can go to clubs and bars all night and enjoy the beautiful nature right out the city during the day.
Just to give you a general idea of how I spend a saturday there.....
Wake up at 10-11 (probably with a little hangover haha) go to the swimming pool, (Laugardalslaug is the best during summer) hang out there for a couple hours and then go downtown, (take bus downtown from laugardalslaug to Hlemmur busstation) and walk down laugavegur and buy some nice clothes to wear tonight. Stop somewhere for coffee and end at IDA at Laekjargata, it's a coffeshop/restaurant/bookstore. Sit down have some sushi or whatever you want and look at the latest fashion magazines or art books. If that's not your thing they have lots of other kinds of magazines. If it's a warm day skip IDA and go to Austurvollur instead, austurvollur is a green spot/small park right downtown and it's always warmer there than anywhere else. Afterwards go to your hotel change into your gorgeous new clothes and go have dinner at Apotekid, Italia, Vegamot, Maru or somewhere and go out for drinks afterwards. If you want to dance remember that the town doesn't fill with people until about midnight.
- Pros:Small, safe, beautiful surroundings, nightlife
Mount Esja is a mountain located across the bay from the city. It is a relatively easy hike and the views over the city... more travel advice
This is a very cozy family owned restaurant on Laugavegur. The food is great. A classic, one of the oldest restaurants... more travel advice
Viking_Girl's Related Pages
Reykjavík Region Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Iceland - in winter!"
- "Reykjavik 101"
- "Seamandrew's Reykjavik Region Page"
- "Reykjavik - wonderland :)"
- "Iceland, a small country with big heart"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Reykjavík Region
- Hotels in Reykjavík Region
- Transportation in Reykjavík Region
- Nightlife in Reykjavík Region
- Restaurants in Reykjavík Region
- Shopping in Reykjavík Region
- Warnings and Dangers in Reykjavík Region
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Reykjavík Region
- 27 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Reykjavík Region?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Reykjavík Region
Photos in Reykjavík RegionSee All Photos (18)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Region Intro, 27 reviews, 18 photos
- France Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Leiden Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Crete Island Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Fortaleza 2 reviews