"Mozambique" Top 5 Page for this destination Mozambique by nora_south_africa

Mozambique Travel Guide: 810 reviews and 2,605 photos

Beautiful Mozambique!!

Mozambique , tropical climate in some places, we visited Vilanculos and Inhambane and Maputu . Although Mazambique has lots of cons I would still go there, will just be careful, its extremely beautiful!!! Like visiting paradise. Inhambabe has thousands of palm trees, sea's as the most beautiful terq, Mangroves, huge boabab trees, its really one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited.

Got a few cons but still a must visit destination.

Mozambique is very beautiful, but got some of cons, we took 4 hours to get in at border post, and main road has lots of potholes.huge ones in some places,( but they are working on the road) as long as you are aware that its a slow ride, and lock up all your belongings and car, drive always within speed limit and carry enough cash on you to pay a fine 1 million meticas( we got fined even though we were well within speed limit) and if you dont have the money on you then they take your passport till you can prove you have paid it..

Barra Lodge

Barra lodge is a lodge in Inhambane, we visited this lodge, I must say its got a very nice backpacker section, 4 beds a room and 2005 price is about ZAR 90 per bed per night, 4 rooms share a kitchen, its got mozzie nets, barra also has a camp site but its on sand, no grass and no shade, and for the small diff in price mabe the bunkhouse is better.

• Last visit to Mozambique: Oct 2003
  • Intro Updated Apr 5, 2008

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2009 at 7:07 PM

And this is a place I'd love to visit . Thanks for sharing!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2009 at 10:54 PM

really amazing palms at Mozambique --- looks very exotic! And that Inhaca island wreck looks interesting....wish wish wish I'll visit Mozambique someday...Norman :)

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2008 at 2:25 AM

Enjoyed reading your adventure at Mozambique. Great page.

• iaint's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2008 at 12:31 PM

thanks for comment on Brussels; I've got an overnighter there next month, so looking forward to another visit

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2008 at 9:58 PM

I just love visiting Moz, still need to get to Beira though ;-)

• Apr 13, 2008 at 4:00 AM

Hope to visit Mozambique sometimes when the African region is safer. Tell something more for each tip. Great pictures.

• DAO's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2007 at 1:45 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NORA !!!!!!!

• Lunaina's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2007 at 11:18 PM

Hi Nora!! Some good tips (warnings /accommodation) on Mozambique, thanks, but I'm not sure if I want to visit Mozambique, ... I think I prefer your country!!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2006 at 5:05 AM

I visited Mocambique once when my daughter was working in Maputo. It was very interesting – and we did eat the seafood!

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2006 at 1:51 PM

good accommodation tips

nora_south_africa

“TRAVEL LIGHT”

Badges & Stats in Mozambique

Have you been to Mozambique?

Latest Activity in Mozambique