"MAURITIUS" Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritius by nora_south_africa
Mauritius Travel Guide: 1,406 reviews and 3,783 photos
For a really BASIC and BUDGET accom http://www.allamandahotel.com/ RESERVATION
Contact: Sivayon Peramal
Email 1: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email 2: email@example.com
Tel/Fax: 230 263 8110
Cell: 230 251 8394
Studio - Rs 300 ~
2 bdm Apt - Rs 400-450 ~Euro 12
Person - Rs150 ~Euro 4
Airport Pick up ~ Rs1200
Beach: Pereybere Beach is best swimming beach in Mauritius
The Orchard centre in Quatre Bournes( near market) has shops where you can buy small electracal appliances cheap
Quatre Bournes has market Thursdays, Goodlands is a nice small place to visit, lots of cheaper shopping, the Goodlands market is fridays, if you need more info contact me..
A large shop in Grand baie is SUPER U, here you can buy most things you need and also a electric plug if you need one, they sell meat groceries etc
A sim card (KWEPE...Emtel)for cell phone can be bought in Grand Baie at the shop next to the Chinese garden RESTAURANT, please check first if your cell can take cards from other countries.To sms form Mauritius is very cheap 1 rupree local and international if you have a Mauritius sim card,if you visit Mauritius often you can set your sim card roaming at AIR MAURITIUS building(Emtel) you can then take 125rupee cards to load your cell every 2 months in your country to keep your card active till your next visit.
Mauritius bus info http://mauritius.voyaz.com/mauritius_travel.htm
When travel from Port Louis to Grand Baie or Pereybere check for express bus, it travels faster.
A good taxi that I use is a guy called Yogen +2302571987
To take a bus to Pamplemouses gardens from grand Baie, take bus 95, to return take st Antoine bus 95 ( comes every 45min to 1 hour)
Mauritius tours..and boat trips I usually contact Amanda +2302635359, she may be able to help you will info.
NB: FOR MORE INFORMATION ON PORT LOUIS PLEASE VISIT MY PORT LOUIS PAGE!! !
- Pros:The locals are soo friendly!! easy to get around island on bus transport.
- In a nutshell:I love mauritius, visit it every year if possible
A wonderful beach in the north to swim at, boat trips to ile ambre also leave from here, lovely sandy beach and you can... more travel advice
- See All medium term stay ( 3 to 6 months)
- See All BUDGET BUNGALOW PERRYBERE
- See All GOOD ROADS
- See All Shopping at ile aux cerf
nora_south_africa's Related Pages
Mauritius Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Holiday paradise meets ecological nightmare"
- " MAURITIUS PARADISE ON EARTH "
- "Canuckmike's Trip to Mauritius"
- "Ile Maurice"
- "DEEP BLUE SOMETHING... THE PARADISE DIARIES"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mauritius
- Hotels in Mauritius
- Transportation in Mauritius
- Nightlife in Mauritius
- Restaurants in Mauritius
- Shopping in Mauritius
- Warnings and Dangers in Mauritius
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mauritius
- 94 Reviews
- 214 Photos
- 49 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Mauritius?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mauritius
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritius Intro, 67 reviews, 168 photos, 9 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 94 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stilbaai Intro, 79 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 43 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of the Western Cape Intro, 42 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mossel Bay Intro, 37 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jongensfontein Intro, 23 reviews, 70 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mozambique Intro, 44 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues