"LIVINGSTONE" Top 5 Page for this destination Livingstone by nora_south_africa
Livingstone Travel Guide: 196 reviews and 630 photos
Livingstone is a small town in Zambia close to Victoria falls approx 10km,
There are some shops and Banks here, Shoprite(groceries), Ocean Basket( seafood) Hungry Lion ( fast foods), Banks ( Standard, Barclays and a few other,) Pep stores( clothing at budget prices), Post Office ( cheapest to exchange money), Curio stalls, Markets, various restaurants, The Livingstone Museum, Chemists/Pharmacy, a taxi rank where you can get mini bus taxi ( maybe not as safe but its cheaper... just be careful) taxi rank is opposite town markets and here you can also get taxi to and from victoria falls.
You will find public phones near the banks..
Some phones will not get reception in Livingstone then you will have to buy a sim card if your phone is not locked if your phone is locked you may find some dealer in Livingstone who can unlock phones at a charge, just ask around.( we get them cheaper at PEP stores in South Africa so ask at PEP or if they dont have try from Post Office) these usually cheaper.
South African MTN works in Livingstone, mine worked perfectly.
( your phone must just be roaming)
If you take the trip over Zambezi to Botswana you will be at a place on river where 4 countries meet ( Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia)
The chobe game drive and river cruise is a good trip to do, From Jolly Boys I booked and paid 100 USD for safari and river trip at Chobe as well as breakfast and picnic lunch on boat.(2008) They take you to border and someone goes with you on ferry over border... check my tips for here as well as Botawana, Kasane, Chobe. There you will also find pictures.
The trip to Victoria falls was amazing, you can take taxi, mini bus taxi( from opp market) , Jolly boys dropped us free of charge and we took taxi back, if a few go you can share costs of taxi, mini bus taxi is per person.
Take rain coat for falls, or umbrella... you can also rent there but zambia is not cheap.. so you may want to save your pennies.
You can walk ( looong walk maybe 3 km) to Zimbabwe border from Zambia, you walk over the bridge( be careful for safety reasons) if you do walk over DO NOT expect (june 2008) to get a taxi to vic falls town, NO PETROL so NO TAXI, you gonna have to walk.( very little chance of a taxi)
I have added a few travelogues on this page with more pictures so please check them out.
This restaurant is on the main road and sells seafood. This is a South African Chain restaurant in Livingstone. more travel advice
Chinese foods sold here, just off main road near the Hungry Lion. Its not far from the Jolly Boys backpackers.. just... more travel advice
nora_south_africa's Related Pages
Livingstone Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Livingstone – The Smoke that Thunders"
- "NOT NICE, BUT THE ECONOMY WORKS"
- "A pleasant, small, welcoming town"
- "Primary Attraction is the Falls"
- "Laid-back Livingstone"
- "Livingstone town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Livingstone
- Hotels in Livingstone
- Transportation in Livingstone
- Nightlife in Livingstone
- Restaurants in Livingstone
- Shopping in Livingstone
- Warnings and Dangers in Livingstone
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Livingstone
- 16 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Livingstone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Livingstone
Photos in LivingstoneSee All Photos (54)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritius Intro, 67 reviews, 168 photos, 9 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 94 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stilbaai Intro, 79 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 43 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of the Western Cape Intro, 42 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mossel Bay Intro, 37 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jongensfontein Intro, 23 reviews, 70 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mozambique Intro, 44 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues