"George, town of stunning scenery!!" Top 5 Page for this destination George by nora_south_africa
George Travel Guide: 67 reviews and 136 photos
If you gonna fly into George via flight, make sure you have a window seat, its surrounded by beautiful mountains... stunning absolutely breathtaking views from above.
Mediterranean type climate
sun, sea & sand, forests, game parks, lakes, magnificent scenery, wild flowers and Xhosa culture.
The town of George is on the garden route, and it has an airport which is not very busy, so if you are visiting South Africa and would prefer to arrive at a airport thats quieter to drive from, then this is it....
There are usually taxi's at the airport, and from here you can visit east or west of the Garden route.
Its a delightful little town, with most basic things you can need as well as Dpt Home Affairs if you should have any passport problems..
York street is the street where most things are happening, and there are also various accomm along this street, there is a offramp to York street from the highway so its easy to reach.
There are tourist offices where you can get information about the area, please remember that at most garages/ fuel stations in the Western cape you will find accomm info and general travel info and sometimes also be able to buy maps, especially those along the highway.
Some restaurants and guest houses also have this info.
One of the smallest and most hidden beautiful bays on the Garden Route. Traveling along the N2 National Road it is 3km... more travel advice
When arriving at George Airport to get to town ( York Street) you drive as follows, drive out of airport to where you... more travel advice
nora_south_africa's Related Pages
George Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "George, town of stunning scenery!!"
- "George - Four seasons in one day."
- "Heart of the Garden Route"
- "Gorgeous George"
- "The Garden Route"
- See All...
- Things to Do in George
- Hotels in George
- Transportation in George
- Restaurants in George
- Shopping in George
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in George
- 23 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to George?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in George
Photos in GeorgeSee All Photos (50)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritius Intro, 67 reviews, 168 photos, 9 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 94 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stilbaai Intro, 79 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 43 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of the Western Cape Intro, 42 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mossel Bay Intro, 37 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jongensfontein Intro, 23 reviews, 70 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mozambique Intro, 44 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues