"Hermanus" Top 5 Page for this destination Hermanus by nora_south_africa
Hermanus Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 139 photos
Hermanus is built along the shores of Walker Bay. The official whale watching capital of the world and a popular holiday destination, Hermanus is surrounded by mountains, fynbos and natural beauty, this coastal resort offers the best land based whale watching in the world. Southern Right Whales visit Walker Bay from July until December every year. About 60 to 100 of these magnificent animals come here from Antarctica to calf. you can often see close up displays of these creatures as they often come to within 10 meters of the coast. The cliff tops in Hermanus offer the tourist great views and the ability to watch the whales close up.
Hermanus is a town for those people who like a more busy town, lots to do, restaurants. shopping, if you are looking for a small quiet town then this is not for you unless you maybe go at low season during the week...
Hermanus has lots of shops and factory shops where you can buy all sorts of things, including local crafts more travel advice
nora_south_africa's Related Pages
Hermanus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The most amazing coastal town in the Cape"
- "Hermanus and surrounding areas"
- "Great Place to See Whales"
- "Land Based Whale Watching Paradise."
- "Hermanus Bay"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hermanus
- Hotels in Hermanus
- Restaurants in Hermanus
- Shopping in Hermanus
- Warnings and Dangers in Hermanus
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hermanus
- 10 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Hermanus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hermanus
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritius Intro, 67 reviews, 168 photos, 9 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 94 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stilbaai Intro, 79 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 43 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of the Western Cape Intro, 42 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mossel Bay Intro, 37 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jongensfontein Intro, 23 reviews, 70 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mozambique Intro, 44 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues