"Jongensfontein" Jongensfontein by nora_south_africa
Jongensfontein Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 70 photos
We call this the Garden of Eden, evidence has been found of life being here in the caves 70,000 years ago!!!
So if you want to watch the sunrise and sunset over this beautiful ocean that people did 70,000 years ago....then this is the place to visit.
I have links to web sites with history and acheology on my Jongensfontein Travelogue, you will have to copy and paste it but check it out.
Jongensfontein is a small quiet village with stunning views... buck still roam free, lots of birdlife, the village is for people who love a quiet place!
2 small shops, a place to do washing, a small museum..and a few guesthouses and a caravan park right on the sea..
NO PUBLIC TRANSPORT HERE.
You dont have much chance of finding cleaners etc cause locals cant get transport to work here unless they are transported from other towns, so here you going to have to do your own cleaning most the time.
There is NO nightlife here, a dance place for young people about 10 km away ( only in season) and a small town STILBAAI is 10 km away.
NO FUEL AVAILABLE HERE, so please fill up in Stilbaai before you come.
Its quite a safe area, children can walk around safely..and little or no crime.
Beautiful houses!!! stunning! (most of the houses here have sea views)People are very friendly, Sea at the caravan park is not a wonderful swimming beach as it has many stones but along the main road( almost at end) you will find a natural tidal pool, especially good for swimming an hour or 2 before and after high tide.
The water at this tidal pool is usually warmer than most of this coast area as the tide comes in cause water washes over the hot rocks into the tidal pool. This is good surfing area.
The sand beach at SANDSTRAND is dangerous for swimming.. please do NOT swim here.
This area is ideal for jogging or walking, its a safe area, got lots of ups and down routes, if you want longer distance... more travel advice
just before Jongensfontein a gravel road turns right into Blombos, this road eventually goes to Witsand via... more travel advice
- See All Shop and Post Office
- See All Distance to Get to Jongensfontein
- Dangerous sea at Sandstrand on east of...
nora_south_africa's Related Pages
Jongensfontein Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Jongensfontein
- Hotels in Jongensfontein
- Shopping in Jongensfontein
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jongensfontein
- 23 Reviews
- 70 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Jongensfontein?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jongensfontein
Photos in JongensfonteinSee All Photos (70)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritius Intro, 67 reviews, 168 photos, 9 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 94 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stilbaai Intro, 79 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 43 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of the Western Cape Intro, 42 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mossel Bay Intro, 37 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jongensfontein Intro, 23 reviews, 70 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mozambique Intro, 44 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues