"Pilanesberg" Top 5 Page for this destination Pilanesberg by nora_south_africa
Pilanesberg Travel Guide: 65 reviews and 211 photos
Pilanesberg Game Reserve is in the North West Province, adjacent to Sun City. Set in the crater of a long extinct volcano, the Park ranks among the largest of the parks in South Africa and covers an area of 55 000 hectare.
The beauty of Pilanesberg is reflected in a large central lake, the Mankwe Dam. Here you can see hippo and crocodiles.
Over time, wind and water have carved a spectacular landscape with rocky outcrops, open grasslands, wooded valleys and thickets.
Pilanesberg National Park accommodates virtually every mammal of southern Africa. Also home to the Big Five.
The park has hides where you can get out of your car, also has picnic areas where you can get out of your car, here you can also make a braai.
Just inside the Manyane gate you will find a small basic shop.
There is a casual restaurant in the park, and also a restaurant at Manyane.
There is a swimming pool and a curio shop at Manyane.
Just as you enter the park at Manyane gate you will find locals selling various hand made articles.
THE PALACE OF THE LOST CITY THE SUN CITY HOTEL CASCADES SUN CITY CABANAS Sun City has various kinds of accommodation,... more travel advice
Ivory Tree Game Lodge is situated in the north eastern region of the Pilanesberg National Park, the closest point of... more travel advice
nora_south_africa's Related Pages
Pilanesberg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pilanesberg National Park."
- "Pilanesberg, a great way to see the Big 5"
- "Up close and personal with the animals"
- "One of South Africa's greatest wildlife reserves"
- "Pilanesberg National Park"
- "MORE THAN SUN CITY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pilanesberg
- Hotels in Pilanesberg
- Transportation in Pilanesberg
- Nightlife in Pilanesberg
- Restaurants in Pilanesberg
- Warnings and Dangers in Pilanesberg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pilanesberg
- 20 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Pilanesberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pilanesberg
Photos in PilanesbergSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritius Intro, 67 reviews, 168 photos, 9 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 94 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stilbaai Intro, 79 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 43 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of the Western Cape Intro, 42 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mossel Bay Intro, 37 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jongensfontein Intro, 23 reviews, 70 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mozambique Intro, 44 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues