"Stilbaai" Stilbaai by nora_south_africa
Stilbaai Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 103 photos
Stilbaai is a very beautiful coastal town on the garden route.
It is situated 26 km away from the N2 main road between Mossel Bay and Riversdale at an estuary where the Goukou river meets the Indian Ocean. The nearest national airport is at George, 150 km from Stilbaai. It has its own landing-strip for small aircraft and a small fishing harbour.
The Goukou River is the only river in the area that is navigable for 15km .
Play golf on a beautiful 9 hole course with a view stretching over the sea and a modern, spacious clubhouse.
Between July and October the whales visit the coast between Stilbaai and Jongensfontein in large numbers. Vantage points for whale watching are available. The whales can be observed from the restaurants at Lappiesbaai and from the harbour.
Lappies Baai beach has blue flag status and has very clean beach and water
Stilbaai is blessed with a moderate climate
Temperatures are between 20 °C and 28 ºC on in summer and between 12 ºC and 20 ºC in winter.
Jongensfontein, a coastal village, is 10 km away along the coast and offers a spectacular view on the ocean. Jongensfontein has a safe tidal pool , 2 small shops and a caravan site.
Surfing conditions are recognised country-wide and are the best in the area.
EDEN PARK Jongensfontein Golf Resort & executive course 9 hole Golf Course and resort units.
Tel: (028)7558303 Cell: 0721554257 e-mail: email@example.com
Historic little White House serves as a local museum
This area receives rain almost equally in the 4 seasons with peaks in autumn and spring.
This is a picture taken at high tide of Jongensfontein Tidal Pool, to reach this pool keep straight on when you reach jongensfontein until just before the road turns gravel ( its past the shop and stop street)
ON THE WEEKEND OF 17 MARCH 2007 A WHALE WASHED UP ON THE ROCKS AT JONGENSFONTEIN ( NEAR JONGENSBAAI) I WILL INCLUDE A TRAVELOGUE WITH PICTURES.
NB !!!! THESE PICTURES ARE NOT FOR SENSITIVE VIEWERS.
This is a very affordable restaurant, you can bring the whole family as they even have a play room for small children... more travel advice
A shop selling second hand clothing, blankets and a few other odds and ends... Very Cheap as proceeds go to welfare. more travel advice
nora_south_africa's Related Pages
Stilbaai Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Stilbaai
- Hotels in Stilbaai
- Restaurants in Stilbaai
- Shopping in Stilbaai
- Warnings and Dangers in Stilbaai
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Stilbaai
- 79 Reviews
- 93 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Stilbaai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stilbaai
Photos in StilbaaiSee All Photos (93)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritius Intro, 67 reviews, 168 photos, 9 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 94 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stilbaai Intro, 79 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 43 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of the Western Cape Intro, 42 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mossel Bay Intro, 37 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jongensfontein Intro, 23 reviews, 70 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mozambique Intro, 44 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues