"Wilderness" Top 5 Page for this destination Wilderness by nora_south_africa
Wilderness Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 41 photos
Wilderness lies 15 km east of George, on the Cape Garden Route between the Kaaimans River and the Goukamma Nature Reserve. It is known for its long stretches of beach and tranquility .Wilderness overlooks not only the sea, but also the lagoon, the Serpentine, which meanders between the Touws River, Island Lake, Langvlei and Rondevlei. Island Lake is a favourite water sport .
At the Wilderness one finds the 2500 ha Wilderness National Park. Five rivers and five lakes, two estuaries and 18 km of Southern Cape coastline are protected within the Park. There is a big variety of birds.
At Wilderness is a place high up where you can pull off your car on side of road to take photo's from here you can walk... more travel advice
nora_south_africa's Related Pages
Wilderness Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wilderness - Garden Route"
- "Wilderness - South Africa: Beauty unequalled"
- "Wilderness National Park"
- "Mountains, Forest, Lakes, & Beach at Your Doorstep"
- "Honeymooning in the wilderness"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wilderness
- 7 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Wilderness?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wilderness
Photos in WildernessSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritius Intro, 67 reviews, 168 photos, 9 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 94 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stilbaai Intro, 79 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 43 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of the Western Cape Intro, 42 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mossel Bay Intro, 37 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jongensfontein Intro, 23 reviews, 70 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mozambique Intro, 44 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues