"Witsand ( Western Cape)" Witsand by nora_south_africa
Witsand Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 58 photos
Witsand is truely the home of the Southern Right Whale .This peaceful coastal town is surrounded by the Breede River estuary and the Indian Ocean. The St Sebastian Bay houses the single largest winter migration population of Southern Right Whales. These gentle giants may either be viewed from the coast line or through a local boat based whale watching operator.
Witsand is a popular sea-side resort as it offers a multitude of water sports. - safe bathing, windsurfing, rock and surf angling, river angling, deep sea fishing, snorkel diving and spear fishing, whale watching, water-skiing, etc. It has a 4km long unspoilt beach, leading to the well-known Moodie's Well. It has a clean, white beach (hence Whitesands) with safe swimming spots for days in the sun. Parents with smaller children also prefer the calm swimming spots along the river.
Witsand is easily reached from the N2 by a well tarred road
Swimming at rivermouth can be dangerous, sharks love it at the river mouth, so be really careful! more travel advice
this small village is excellent for photography! you will be able to take the most beautiful photos here also stunning... more travel advice
nora_south_africa's Related Pages
Witsand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Witsand ( Western Cape)"
- "Witsand (Western Cape) - South Africa"
- "Witsand Nature Reserve"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Witsand
- Hotels in Witsand
- Restaurants in Witsand
- Warnings and Dangers in Witsand
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Witsand
- 12 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Witsand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Witsand
Photos in WitsandSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritius Intro, 67 reviews, 168 photos, 9 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 94 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stilbaai Intro, 79 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 43 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of the Western Cape Intro, 42 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mossel Bay Intro, 37 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jongensfontein Intro, 23 reviews, 70 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mozambique Intro, 44 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues