"Kasane- where 4 countries meet!" Kasane by nora_south_africa
Kasane Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 44 photos
Kasane used to be a quiet little village but is really picking up as a tourist destination, it lies at the point where 4 countries meet ( Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia) Kazungula is the border post between Zambia and Botswana, and you take a ferry ( or speed boat) to cross the river. this border post is approx 6 km out of town.
Kasane is situated on the Chobe river, so ideal village from which to do trips to Chobe nature reserve or to do boat trips on Chobe river.
There are NO boundry fences between this National park and the village of Kasane so you can often see hippo and elephants roaming around the village.
These are elephant tracks along the main road... so please drive here with caution .
The Kazungula ferry border post was as in June 2008 open from 6.00 to 18.00
many many trucks wait from at night and even sleep overnight waiting for gates to open, walking over goes quicker... just get a ticket and walk on the ferry, speed boats are quicker but much more expensive...
The Chobe river runs along the Northern part of the Chobe national park and further north it is called the Kwando river. This river joins the Zambezi river at Kasane.
Kasane is at the northern end of the tarred highway from Francistown and Gaborone which is a artery between southern and central Africa for trucks too heavy for the Victoria Falls Bridge's weight retrictions.
This is Border post between Botswana and Zambia at the ferry... Open as (2008) 6.00 to 18.00 Be prepared for a long wait... more travel advice
From Kasane you can take the ferry to Zambia, its a bit hectic, one huge truck , 4 cars and as much people as can crowd... more travel advice
nora_south_africa's Related Pages
Kasane Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kasane- where 4 countries meet!"
- "The woodland border"
- "THE MEETING OF 4 COUNTRIES"
- "Chobe National Park"
- "Kasane, the north-eastern corner of Botswana"
- "on the chobe river"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kasane
- Hotels in Kasane
- Transportation in Kasane
- Warnings and Dangers in Kasane
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kasane
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Kasane?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kasane
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritius Intro, 67 reviews, 168 photos, 9 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 94 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stilbaai Intro, 79 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 43 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of the Western Cape Intro, 42 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mossel Bay Intro, 37 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jongensfontein Intro, 23 reviews, 70 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mozambique Intro, 44 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues