"Tigre" Tigre by nora_south_africa
Tigre Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 81 photos
This spot in the North of the Province of Buenos Aires is undoubtedly a piece of living history. The name Tigre is derived from an old story of jaguar hunters. It is said that a couple of very famous and virtuous hunters used to live in the region.
Tigre is a destination neither foreigners nor local people should miss.
The port of Tigre lodges the open market
You can get there by taking the picturesque Tren de la Costa(Riverside Train).After stopping at San Isidro station to visit its attractive shopping centre, you can continue on the same train to Tigre where you will navigate small rivers and channels enjoying nature in all its splendor.
There are also two museums in Tigre, the Navy Museum and the Sarmiento Museum.
Another popular place in The Delta is Isla Martin Garcia that is a short ferry trip from Tigre and only 1.2 miles off the Uruguayan coast. The park-like island is an all-in-one historical monument, nature reserve and recreational retreat. With the densely forested delta nearby, the island was used as a prison camp .
nora_south_africa's Related Pages
Tigre Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TIGRE - DELTAN CONFLUENCE"
- "Unforgettable sailing in the Delta Tigre"
- "A relaxing get-away"
- "Nice spot to enjoy!"
- "Puerto de Frutos"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tigre
- Hotels in Tigre
- Transportation in Tigre
- Restaurants in Tigre
- Warnings and Dangers in Tigre
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tigre
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Tigre?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tigre
Photos in TigreSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritius Intro, 67 reviews, 168 photos, 9 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 94 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stilbaai Intro, 79 reviews, 93 photos, 4 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 43 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of the Western Cape Intro, 42 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mossel Bay Intro, 37 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jongensfontein Intro, 23 reviews, 70 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mozambique Intro, 44 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues