"nora's homepage" nora_south_africa's Profile

This is me....& This is my BEAUTIFUL Country!!

My name is NORA
Live in SOUTH AFRICA
age 50+
Happily married with 3 children. And 1 almost 2........ grandchildren.
I love to travel, especially love to visit islands......wow they soooo romantic
I enjoy outdoor life, love outdoor cooking( actually love any cooking)

I try only support accommodation that do not charge single supplement out of season, I do not mind to pay a supplement in season because then I use a room as single when someone could be using it as a double but out of season most places are half empty anyway.

I have visited many countries please visit my VT pages.

You will see I love to include a web link where possible, I just feel it gives much more info that maybe I have not included in my page, so please check the web links for more detail info..I do try include pics when possible. Please feel free to mail me anytime if you have any Questions.. or even if you just want to say hi!!

Mona-Lisa, red sided eclectus female

I love parrots, this baby of mine I have donated to the birds of eden park near Plettenberg bay, She is so beautiful and now more people can enjoy her, I still visit her often, so if you visit the park look out for her, see my travelogue for info on my visit to the park!!( I hate to file this as 'animals 'cause my parrots are like my children)

African Grey

THIS IS MY BABY..OUGAT is her name, and she loves to climb into bed with me, sleeps with head on her pillow and blanket over her, I dont allow her to sleep with me, just to cuddle now and then!! The birds of eden park at Plettenberg bay have about 40 african grey parrots, most are quite tame, and many are talking birds that come from homes. As you can see I really have a passion for parrots, and have included them cause they cheer up my page a bit and also cause maybe out there are some other parrots lovers who will like this info... I have placed her in picture category PEOPLE.. smile she much tooo human to be called animal, she talks, understands.. even crawls into bed... she calls me mommy!!

Je t'aime Male Black wing jardine

This is my male black wing Jardine, he is called Je t'aime, he is now (2006) almost 3 yrs, very lovable and very cleaver lil parrot. The birds of eden park do not yet have a black wing jardine, but they do have lesser jardines. je t'aime now weighs about 290g, so he is a smaller parrot than the african grey, almost the size of a timney grey. The pic of him was taken when he was 2 yrs old. The black wing Jardine parrot is very rare in some parts of the world.

Whale bones

This whale washed up on the coast of South Africa, Check my travelogue for more pictures.
The whale died at sea, and bones are being preserved and will be displayed in some museum.

Beautiful South Africa

This is a picture of Bourkes Potholes in Mpumalanga, in this area are a few beautiful small waterfalls, and its in the area of the KNP, so if you visiting KNP maybe try fit this into your tour.

Please check my KRUGER NATIONAL PARK VT PAGE for tip to see webcam live in Kruger Park.

My travels..

I have enjoyed my travels,have been to many countries and have tried to be as honest as I can in my travel pages about what I saw and how I felt, One thing I would ask ppl who rent out accom is that they plz give us travellers a CLEAN place to stay in, especially in the budget range, SOAP and WATER not all that expensive and dont think there is any excuse to rent out a place thats dirty, sadly to say that on a few occasions I have had to buy soap and a bucket and scrub my room cause it was not fit for use.

GENERAL INFO

If you would like me to add any info to my pages, please let me know, I try see according to my tip ratiings what info people are looking for, but sometimes there may be new ideas out there....!! so let me know.

I am a budget traveller so try add lots budget tips to my pages, but with (business) we go to the upmarket places sometimes, so will be able to give info on both. But budget travellers must look for the cheap places in my accom tips. I will add more as I go along.

The main thing is I write this page for YOU, the tourist and virtual tourist, and therefore need to add what you need, with 2010 coming up.........I guess there gonna be lots of people looking for info.

MY 2010 TIP IS BOOK WELL... YEARS IN ADVANCE, SOME PLACES ARE ALREADY Fully Booked , especially budget travellers will find all the cheaper places are fully booked so PLEASE book as soon as possible.

MUST SEE ON MY PAGES!!!! on my Knysna page a unique accom in a tree house, A whale washed up near Stilbaai, check unique pictures on my travelogue.

I am trying as much as possible to add information on my pages of the SMALLER towns in South Africa, please visit my pages on smaller towns if you are travelling within South Africa.
Please note that accommodation can often be cheaper in the smaller towns(maybe not as much to offer) but will often have a cheaper place to sleep, so if you on a tight budget you can think of this option.

• Intro Updated Aug 9, 2010

• May 18, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Happy Birthday

• May 20, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Hi nora greetings from Morecambe in lancashire UK I had a wonderful time in Cape Town soaking up the sun and the atmosphere! I hope you and your family are well... Happy Birthday, from sunny Morecambe.

• rudysmom626's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Happy Birthday Nora (from myself and the whole VT Team here in California)! I hope you're having an awesome day and enroute to some place amazing!

Cheers!
    Blake
    VT Team

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2012 at 7:32 AM

A warm happy birthday greeting from Malaysia.

• DAO's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Veels geluk met jou verjaarsdag! Hope you have a great birthday Nora!!

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Happy Birthday Nora! Have a great day!

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Hey Nora, "Happy Birthday", with all my best wishes ... :)

• canuck68's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Happy Birthday Nora. I hope you have a fine day.

• eden_teuling's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Hey Nora! wishing you a happy birthday with all close to your heart! Have a peaceful and festive day! elisabeth

• pattypoo's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2012 at 6:30 AM

Happy Birthdat Nora, hope you have a wonderful day..

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!