"Tongli" Top 5 Page for this destination Tongli by Willettsworld
Tongli Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 228 photos
Tongli is located about 18km (11 miles) south-east of Suzhou in the east of China. It was originally named Fushi (rich land) before being renamed Tongli meaning copper village during the Tang dynasty (618-907 A.D.). The town is a delightful water town with a wonderful system of small canals and bridges which flow past traditional Chinese houses. As well as this, the old town features a few lovely gardens which are in the same mould as the ones you find in Suzhou. Getting here is very simple from Suzhou and only takes 45 minutes by bus and makes for a great day out from the big city.
Local cuisine in Tongli include Zhuangyuan pig's knuckle (upper leg), nut shortbread, sesame cake and little green... more travel advice
Ming Dynasty official Zhuxiang, also called Gengle, built this placid retreat after a successful career in government.... more travel advice
Willettsworld's Related Pages
Tongli Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tremendous Tongli"
- "Venice of the Orient"
- "Tongli - An Old Canal Town in Wujiang"
- "Tongli - Quieter Watertown than Zhouzhuang"
- "Tongli Watertown"
- "tongli, a little more aged and natural"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tongli
- Hotels in Tongli
- Transportation in Tongli
- Restaurants in Tongli
- Shopping in Tongli
- Warnings and Dangers in Tongli
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tongli
- 13 Reviews
- 124 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (71)
Have you been to Tongli?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tongli
Photos in TongliSee All Photos (124)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 163 reviews, 623 photos, 10 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 136 reviews, 545 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 99 reviews, 416 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 108 reviews, 371 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 100 reviews, 376 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 89 reviews, 373 photos, 7 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 81 reviews, 373 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 87 reviews, 359 photos, 10 travelogues
- Udaipur Intro, 97 reviews, 335 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 103 reviews, 327 photos, 5 travelogues