Beijing Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Willettsworld
Beijing Warnings and Dangers: 284 reviews and 201 photos
Silk Street is a large modern shopping centre that contains over 1,700 vendors who, mostly, sell counterfeit designer brand clothing and shoes. As well as this, their are stalls selling traditional Chinese handicrafts, antiques, calligraphy, carpets, table cloths, bed coverings, paintings, hand-knit dresses, toys, electronic gadgets, trinkets, and fine jewellery. Opened on March 19, 2005, and replacing the old alley-based Xiushui Market, the shopping centre attracts thousands of foreign tourists looking for counterfeit bargains. The place can feel very intimidating with vendors trying to attract you into their area. Remember to bargain as hard as you can and don't, by any means, accept their first price. It's all a 'game' and you remember that and that the items they sell aren't legitimate.
The steps leading up inside the Bell and Drum Towers are extremely steep, so please take care whilst walking up and down. Luckily there are hand rails on either side to assist you.
More Reviews (161)
- Souvenir shops, hotels, restaurants,...
- See All Ming Tomb at Changling
- See All Silk Street
- See All Bus to Chengde
- See All Ancient Time & the Bell Tower
Willettsworld's Related Pages
Beijing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing - Imperial Peking"
- "My wonderful Beijing"
- "Beijing: from the Forbidden City to the Great Wall"
- "Beijing - The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing (北京)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beijing
- Hotels in Beijing
- Transportation in Beijing
- Nightlife in Beijing
- Restaurants in Beijing
- Shopping in Beijing
- Warnings and Dangers in Beijing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beijing
- 163 Reviews
- 623 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (97)
Have you been to Beijing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beijing
Photos in BeijingSee All Photos (623)
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 163 reviews, 623 photos, 10 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 136 reviews, 545 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 99 reviews, 416 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 108 reviews, 371 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 100 reviews, 376 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 89 reviews, 373 photos, 7 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 81 reviews, 373 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 87 reviews, 359 photos, 10 travelogues
- Udaipur Intro, 97 reviews, 335 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 103 reviews, 327 photos, 5 travelogues
- Forbidden City - The Palace Museum- 475 Reviews, 998 Photos
- Summer Palace- 310 Reviews, 617 Photos
- Temple of Heaven- 229 Reviews, 504 Photos
- Tiananmen Square- 160 Reviews, 316 Photos
- Great Wall of China - Badaling- 112 Reviews, 246 Photos
- Great Wall of China - Mutianyu- 92 Reviews, 247 Photos
- Beihai Park- 100 Reviews, 180 Photos
- Ming Tombs- 85 Reviews, 205 Photos
- Great Wall of China- 98 Reviews, 143 Photos
- Hutongs- 73 Reviews, 164 Photos
See All Beijing Things to Do