Beijing Hotel Tips by Willettsworld Top 5 Page for this destination
Beijing Hotels: 38,331 reviews and 549 photos
I only stayed here for one night, after coming back from a tour to North Korea, as I came here with someone who was also on my tour, as he had stayed here before the tour started. Anyway, I had a nice room with two single beds, TV and everything was clean enough. It's a pretty quiet hostel in a fairly quite Hutong area, to the east of the Forbidden City. My room cost RMB180.
Address: 26 Shijia Alley Dongdan North Street Dongcheng Dis
Other Contact: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Price: less than US$20
This place is located about a 10 minute walk away from Tiananmen Square and so is well located in the city centre. It's located in a Hutong area of Xuanwu district and on busy street with lots of shops and some good little restaurants that are cheap. There's a great restaurant/cafe/bar downstairs called Sakura Cafe (see my restaurant tips) which sells some great western/Chinese and other Asian food - the breakfasts are very good! The staff are nice and friendly and the room I had was nice with 2 single beds, TV, a/c and fridge plus a clean bathroom. There's free internet, bike hire, and travel services. All-in-all, it was a great place to stay and I had no problems at all. My room cost RMB198.
Address: 55 DashiLar Xijie Street, Beijing
Price: less than US$20
This airport hotel is quite a Chinese airport hotel relic but is fine for a stay over of one night if arriving late or catching an early flight. I arrived late from Seoul, South Korea and then had a morning flight to Ulaan Baatar, Mongolia and so stayed here a night so as to not have the hassle and expensive of travelling in/out of the city centre. The hotel is very busy and so you may have to wait at reception for a while to be served but once I checked-in, which was fast and efficient, I got to my room and everything was fine. The rooms aren't that large but are well appointed with nice bed sheets and everything you expect to find in a 3-star hotel.
The hotel has a shuttle bus service, which is better value than the taxis, although from the airport it is difficult to locate - I would ask in the terminal.
Address: Capital International Airport Beijing 100621
Home Inns are fairly cheap mid-range, no-frills type chain of hotels found all over China and each city will have several branches dotted all over it. This one was the fifth of around six I stayed at throughout my stay in China and I liked them so much that I became a member which entitled me to a discount each time I checked-in by showing my membership card. The rooms are normally a very good size with bright coloured walls and yellow tiles in the bathroom. You get a TV, double bed, a water dispenser providing hot and cold water, a kettle with green tea and such like, like you would do in a basic discount hotel chain in the west. The rooms are very clean, especially the bathroom which normally have a nice modern walk-in shower. Staff are OK and speak English well but things can get busy at reception as these places are very popular with business people. This particular branch is well located as it's about a 5-10 minute walk south from the southern end of Tiananmen Square in amongst the Xuanwu Hutong. They offer a couple of day trips out to places like the Great Wall at Badaling and the Ming Tombs for good prices. My single room cost Y220 with membership discount.
Address: NO.61 Liangshi Street, Beijing, China, 100051, CN
More Reviews (159)
- See All Silk Street
- Souvenir shops, hotels, restaurants,...
- See All Ming Tomb at Changling
- See All Silk Street
- See All Bus to Chengde
Willettsworld's Related Pages
Beijing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing - Imperial Peking"
- "My wonderful Beijing"
- "Beijing: from the Forbidden City to the Great Wall"
- "Beijing - The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing (北京)"
- "Beijing----gives you much more than you expected!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beijing
- Hotels in Beijing
- Transportation in Beijing
- Nightlife in Beijing
- Restaurants in Beijing
- Shopping in Beijing
- Warnings and Dangers in Beijing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beijing
- 163 Reviews
- 623 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Beijing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beijing
Photos in BeijingSee All Photos (623)
Read real reviews about Beijing Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 163 reviews, 623 photos, 10 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 136 reviews, 545 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 99 reviews, 416 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 108 reviews, 371 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 100 reviews, 376 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 89 reviews, 373 photos, 7 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 81 reviews, 373 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 87 reviews, 359 photos, 10 travelogues
- Udaipur Intro, 97 reviews, 335 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 103 reviews, 327 photos, 5 travelogues
- Forbidden City- 387 Reviews, 777 Photos
- Great Wall - Mutianyu- 78 Reviews, 214 Photos
- Lama Temple - Yonghegong- 63 Reviews, 141 Photos
- Tiananmen Square- 280 Reviews, 483 Photos
- Summer Palace- 155 Reviews, 298 Photos
- Hutongs - Bell and Drum Towers- 95 Reviews, 200 Photos
- Temple of Heaven- 167 Reviews, 337 Photos
- Wangfujing Street- 44 Reviews, 85 Photos
- Great Wall- 145 Reviews, 226 Photos
- Great Wall - Badaling- 83 Reviews, 201 Photos
See All Beijing Things to Do