Beijing Hotel Tips by Willettsworld Top 5 Page for this destination

Beijing Hotels: 38,331 reviews and 549 photos

Hostel in Hutong area - Beijing
New Dragon Hotel Beijing: Hostel in Hutong area New Dragon Hotel Beijing Review

I only stayed here for one night, after coming back from a tour to North Korea, as I came here with someone who was also on my tour, as he had stayed here before the tour started. Anyway, I had a nice room with two single beds, TV and everything was clean enough. It's a pretty quiet hostel in a fairly quite Hutong area, to the east of the Forbidden City. My room cost RMB180.

Address: 26 Shijia Alley Dongdan North Street Dongcheng Dis

Other Contact: Email: newdragonhostel@yahoo.com

Phone: 86-10-65269339

Price: less than US$20

Theme: Hostel

• Updated Nov 14, 2009
Excellent choice, 10mins walk from Tiananmen Sq - Beijing
365 Inn: Excellent choice, 10mins walk from Tiananmen Sq 365 Inn Review

This place is located about a 10 minute walk away from Tiananmen Square and so is well located in the city centre. It's located in a Hutong area of Xuanwu district and on busy street with lots of shops and some good little restaurants that are cheap. There's a great restaurant/cafe/bar downstairs called Sakura Cafe (see my restaurant tips) which sells some great western/Chinese and other Asian food - the breakfasts are very good! The staff are nice and friendly and the room I had was nice with 2 single beds, TV, a/c and fridge plus a clean bathroom. There's free internet, bike hire, and travel services. All-in-all, it was a great place to stay and I had no problems at all. My room cost RMB198.

Address: 55 DashiLar Xijie Street, Beijing

Price: less than US$20

Website: http://www.365inn.com.cn/

• Written Aug 9, 2009
Good option near airport - Beijing
Capital Airport Hotel: Good option near airport Airport Garden Hotel Beijing Review

This airport hotel is quite a Chinese airport hotel relic but is fine for a stay over of one night if arriving late or catching an early flight. I arrived late from Seoul, South Korea and then had a morning flight to Ulaan Baatar, Mongolia and so stayed here a night so as to not have the hassle and expensive of travelling in/out of the city centre. The hotel is very busy and so you may have to wait at reception for a while to be served but once I checked-in, which was fast and efficient, I got to my room and everything was fine. The rooms aren't that large but are well appointed with nice bed sheets and everything you expect to find in a 3-star hotel.

The hotel has a shuttle bus service, which is better value than the taxis, although from the airport it is difficult to locate - I would ask in the terminal.

Address: Capital International Airport Beijing 100621

Phone: 86-010-645-77788

Website: http://www.capitalairporthotelbeijing.cn/

• Written Aug 9, 2009
Handy for Tiananmen Square - Beijing
Home Inn Beijing Qianmen: Handy for Tiananmen Square Home Inn Beijing Qianmen Review

Home Inns are fairly cheap mid-range, no-frills type chain of hotels found all over China and each city will have several branches dotted all over it. This one was the fifth of around six I stayed at throughout my stay in China and I liked them so much that I became a member which entitled me to a discount each time I checked-in by showing my membership card. The rooms are normally a very good size with bright coloured walls and yellow tiles in the bathroom. You get a TV, double bed, a water dispenser providing hot and cold water, a kettle with green tea and such like, like you would do in a basic discount hotel chain in the west. The rooms are very clean, especially the bathroom which normally have a nice modern walk-in shower. Staff are OK and speak English well but things can get busy at reception as these places are very popular with business people. This particular branch is well located as it's about a 5-10 minute walk south from the southern end of Tiananmen Square in amongst the Xuanwu Hutong. They offer a couple of day trips out to places like the Great Wall at Badaling and the Ming Tombs for good prices. My single room cost Y220 with membership discount.

Address: NO.61 Liangshi Street, Beijing, China, 100051, CN

Phone: 86-10-63173366

Price: US$20-40

Website: http://www.homeinns.com

• Written Aug 8, 2009

Willettsworld

“"Don't listen to what they say. Go see." ~ Chinese proverb”

Badges & Stats in Beijing

Have you been to Beijing?

Latest Activity in Beijing

Photos in Beijing

Visiting Beijing?
Read real reviews about Beijing Hotels!

Friends