"Changsha" Top 5 Page for this destination Changsha by Willettsworld
Changsha Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 319 photos
Changsha is the capital of the province of Hunan. There's not a great deal to see in the city except a couple of museums, a small bit of the old city wall, and China's largest city park. The main reason for coming here is to visit the small town of Shaoshan located about 130km (80 miles) south-west as it was here that Mao Zedong was born in a small thatched house that still stands today. I came to Changsha by bus from the very picturesque old town of Fenghuang before travelling on to Wuhan.
This family tomb is located up a small hill near Mao Zedong's birthplace and, I think, is the tomb of his grand-parents. more travel advice
You'll probably have to wait in a queue for some time before finally getting inside but it's well worth it just to see... more travel advice
Willettsworld's Related Pages
Changsha Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Teaching in Changsha"
- "A Foreign Teacher in Changsha"
- "Capital city of Hunan province"
- "2 weeks in Changsha"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Changsha
- Hotels in Changsha
- Transportation in Changsha
- Nightlife in Changsha
- Restaurants in Changsha
- Shopping in Changsha
- Warnings and Dangers in Changsha
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Changsha
- 16 Reviews
- 99 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (99)
Have you been to Changsha?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Changsha
Photos in ChangshaSee All Photos (99)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 163 reviews, 623 photos, 10 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 136 reviews, 545 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 99 reviews, 416 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 108 reviews, 371 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 100 reviews, 376 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 89 reviews, 373 photos, 7 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 81 reviews, 373 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 87 reviews, 359 photos, 10 travelogues
- Udaipur Intro, 97 reviews, 335 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 103 reviews, 327 photos, 5 travelogues