"Dali Old Town and The Three Pagodas" Dali by Willettsworld
Dali Travel Guide: 224 reviews and 729 photos
Dali is a must see town if you're planning a trip to Lijiang from Kunming as it's located along the way. The town is surrounded by Ming dynasty walls and gatehouses and is full of nice places to stay and to eat at. The main reason to come here is to visit The Three Pagodas which are located a couple of kilometres north of the old town. These pagodas are perhaps the most famous in China and feature on many postcards. The old town lies sandwiched between the Cang shan mountain range and Erhai Lake so there is also plenty of natural beauty to take in as well. I came here on a bus from Kunming and stayed here for a couple of nights before taking a very scenic bus over the hills to Lijiang.
You won't go short of any nightlife in Dali. The main area of bars, cafes and restaurants isn't that large and is... more travel advice
Hongsheng Temple lies about 500 meters outside the west wall of the old town and features a 16-storey 44m high pagoda... more travel advice
Willettsworld's Related Pages
Dali Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Old Dali"
- "A great surprise"
- "Mountains, Lake, and Buddhist Monasteries"
- "Clean your shoes, Sir?"
- "Dali, Yunnan"
- "Dali Old Town and The Three Pagodas"
- "Live life in Dali"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dali
- Hotels in Dali
- Transportation in Dali
- Nightlife in Dali
- Restaurants in Dali
- Shopping in Dali
- Warnings and Dangers in Dali
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Dali
- 29 Reviews
- 159 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Dali?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dali
Photos in DaliSee All Photos (159)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 163 reviews, 623 photos, 10 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 136 reviews, 545 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 99 reviews, 416 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 108 reviews, 371 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 100 reviews, 376 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 89 reviews, 373 photos, 7 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 81 reviews, 373 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 87 reviews, 359 photos, 10 travelogues
- Udaipur Intro, 97 reviews, 335 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 103 reviews, 327 photos, 5 travelogues