"Qufu - Hometown of Confucius" Top 5 Page for this destination Qufu by Willettsworld
Qufu Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 318 photos
Qufu is a town of around 60,000 inhabitants that is located about 130km (80 miles) south of the Shandong provincial capital of Jinan. It is the legendary birthplace of Confucius (551 - 479 BC) - the great sage and philosopher, whose teachings and philosophy have deeply influenced Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese and Vietnamese thought and life. Qufu served as the capital of the State of Lu during the Spring and Autumn Period (8th-5th century BC). The major cultural sites in the town are all associated with Confucius. Three sites, the huge Temple of Confucius, the Cemetery of Confucius, and the Kong Family Mansion, have been listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites since 1994.
I came here from Nanjing for a couple of nights and it's easy enough to spend a whole day exploring the sites without rushing.
CBC stands for "China Best Chicken" and is a direct and rather blatant copy of KFC. Virtually everything mirrors the... more travel advice
This temple complex lies just outside the town wall in the northeast corner of the town. It was the sacrificial temple... more travel advice
Willettsworld's Related Pages
Qufu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home of the Family of Confucius"
- "Confused in Qufu"
- "Home of Confucius"
- "Qufu - Hometown of Confucius"
- "Confucius Temple"
- "Pictures Coming..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Qufu
- Hotels in Qufu
- Transportation in Qufu
- Restaurants in Qufu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Qufu
- 30 Reviews
- 163 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Qufu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Qufu
Photos in QufuSee All Photos (163)
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 163 reviews, 623 photos, 10 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 136 reviews, 545 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 99 reviews, 416 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 108 reviews, 371 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 100 reviews, 376 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 89 reviews, 373 photos, 7 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 81 reviews, 373 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 87 reviews, 359 photos, 10 travelogues
- Udaipur Intro, 97 reviews, 335 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 103 reviews, 327 photos, 5 travelogues