"Tianjin - Concession city near Beijing" Tianjin by Willettsworld
Tianjin Travel Guide: 187 reviews and 579 photos
Tianjin is the sixth largest city of the People's Republic of China in terms of urban population with a total of over 11,500,000 and is the fifth largest in urban size. It's located about 120km (75 miles) south-east of Beijing along the Hai He River, which connects to the Yellow and Yangzi Rivers via the Grand Canal. Its ports, some distance away, are located on Bohai Gulf in the Pacific Ocean. Tianjin was once home to foreign concessions in the late Qing Dynasty which set up their own administrative areas and buildings, some of which can still be seen today. Tianjin still has a small Old Town area although this has been surrounded by huge construction sites. The Old Town area is home to a few worth-while sights such as a drum tower, Tianhou Temple and Confucian Temple. Apart from this there's not a great deal to see here.
This church is located just across the river from the Old Town. It was constructed in the late 19th century but went... more travel advice
This temple was first constructed in 1326 during the Yuan Dynasty (1271-1368). It's located along the Ancient Culture... more travel advice
Willettsworld's Related Pages
Tianjin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tianjin - Next to Beijing"
- "Tian Jin, the guard city of Beijing"
- "Northern China-Tianjin"
- "Tianjin - Diamond of the Bohai Gulf"
- "Tianjin (天津)"
- "Tianjin - Concession city near Beijing"
- "MacKiwi's new Tianjin Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tianjin
- Hotels in Tianjin
- Transportation in Tianjin
- Nightlife in Tianjin
- Restaurants in Tianjin
- Shopping in Tianjin
- Warnings and Dangers in Tianjin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tianjin
- 34 Reviews
- 158 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (97)
Have you been to Tianjin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tianjin
Photos in TianjinSee All Photos (158)
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 163 reviews, 623 photos, 10 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 136 reviews, 545 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 99 reviews, 416 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 108 reviews, 371 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 100 reviews, 376 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 89 reviews, 373 photos, 7 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 81 reviews, 373 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 87 reviews, 359 photos, 10 travelogues
- Udaipur Intro, 97 reviews, 335 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 103 reviews, 327 photos, 5 travelogues