"Wuhan" Top 5 Page for this destination Wuhan by Willettsworld
Wuhan Travel Guide: 168 reviews and 520 photos
Wuhan, the capital of the province of Hubei, is located along the banks of the Yangzi River near the east of China. The city of Wuhan, first termed as such in 1927, rose out of the conglomeration of three boroughs, Wuchang, Hankou, and Hanyang. It's famous for being the launch of the Wuchang Uprising that led to the collapse of the Qing Dynasty and the establishment of the Republic of China in 1912. Wuhan is known as one of the Three Furnaces of China, along with Nanjing and Chongqing. Wuhan is by far the hottest of the Three Furnaces; the average temperature in July is 37.2°C (99°F), and the maximum often exceeds 40°C (104°F), so it's probably best to avoid this time when visiting.
Wuhan has some nice places to visit, the most famous of which is the Yellow Crane Tower which sits on a small hill overlooking the river in Wuchang. Hankou is the main business and commercial area of the city and this is reflected in its buildings as it features many splendid colonial architectural styles that date from the mid-19th to early 20th century's. Other highlights include a superb provincial museum and the large Guiyuan Temple.
Covering an area of about 46,900 square meters, Guiyuan Temple is situated in the west section of Hanyang district in... more travel advice
Jiefang Park is located in the northern part of Hankou near the Wuhan Yangzi River Second Bridge. When I visited there... more travel advice
Willettsworld's Related Pages
Wuhan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In Wuhan bist ni allan...."
- "A Revolutionary City"
- "urban4est's Wuhan Page"
- "Another huge city in China"
- "Wuhan 2012"
- "My four day stay in Wuhan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wuhan
- Hotels in Wuhan
- Transportation in Wuhan
- Nightlife in Wuhan
- Restaurants in Wuhan
- Shopping in Wuhan
- Warnings and Dangers in Wuhan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wuhan
- 36 Reviews
- 189 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Wuhan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wuhan
Photos in WuhanSee All Photos (189)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 163 reviews, 623 photos, 10 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 136 reviews, 545 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 99 reviews, 416 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 108 reviews, 371 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 100 reviews, 376 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 89 reviews, 373 photos, 7 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 81 reviews, 373 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 87 reviews, 359 photos, 10 travelogues
- Udaipur Intro, 97 reviews, 335 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 103 reviews, 327 photos, 5 travelogues