"Yangzhou & The Slender West Lake" Yangzhou by Willettsworld
Yangzhou Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 270 photos
Yangzhou is located on the north bank of the Yangzi River in the east of China, about 25km north of Zhenjiang and 60km north-east of Nanjing. It has a history that goes back 2,500 years to Fuchai, the king of the State of Wu who conquered the State of Han, dug a canal and built the city. Yangzhou is a city with beautiful scenery, ancient civilisation, splendid culture and a long history. Thus, it's rich in tourist sites which include the Slender West Lake, Daming Temple, Grand Canal, gardens, a Han dynasty tomb and an excellent city museum. All of these make it a worthwhile destination to visit if you're travelling between Zhenjiang and Nanjing, like I did.
This dragon boat was unearthed on March 3rd 1960 in a branch of the Yangzi River in Shiqiao, Hanjiang County. It is made... more travel advice
This is essentially a Ming Dynasty graveyard that includes the tomb of Puhading who died in 1275. According to... more travel advice
Willettsworld's Related Pages
Yangzhou Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "1 Lake, 2 Gardens, 3 Teahouses"
- "Yangzhou & The Slender West Lake"
- "Mini West Lake"
- "Yangzhou, eye-opening"
- "Nice and quiet place"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yangzhou
- Hotels in Yangzhou
- Transportation in Yangzhou
- Nightlife in Yangzhou
- Restaurants in Yangzhou
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yangzhou
- 33 Reviews
- 190 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Yangzhou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yangzhou
Photos in YangzhouSee All Photos (190)
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 163 reviews, 623 photos, 10 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 136 reviews, 545 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 99 reviews, 416 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 108 reviews, 371 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 100 reviews, 376 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 89 reviews, 373 photos, 7 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 81 reviews, 373 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 87 reviews, 359 photos, 10 travelogues
- Udaipur Intro, 97 reviews, 335 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 103 reviews, 327 photos, 5 travelogues