"Three Gorges Yangzi River Cruise" Yangzi by Willettsworld
Yangzi Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 224 photos
I booked a first class cabin (as I was travelling on my own and didn't fancy sharing with other Chinese travellers) at a hostel called The Mix Hostel in Chengdu for around Y1490. This included a bus from Chengdu to Chongqing, 3 nights on the boat and a trip along the Little Three Gorges. I arrived on my Chinese tourist boat, called the Chang Hang Jiang Shan II, at about 7pm after being taken to the wharf by the cruise company. The itinerary along the way consisted of visits to temples, a city called Fengdu, known as the Ghost City, some waterfalls and the Three Gorges themselves known as Qutang Xia, Wu Xia and Xiling Xia. They are not as spectacular as they once were due to the rise in level of the river but still impressive all the same. The best part of the trip was a visit to the Little Three Gorges as the river here, called the Daning, is shallow and the cliffs are very narrow. Make sure this is included in your trip.
The Three Gorges Dam was once the world's largest single construction project. As part of my Yangzi River cruise, I got... more travel advice
The Three Gorges Dam is located in Sandouping, about 30km from Yichang. It is the largest hydroelectric power station in... more travel advice
Willettsworld's Related Pages
Yangzi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Touring the Three Gorges Dam"
- "Yangzi River Cruise 2001"
- "Three Gorges Yangzi River Cruise"
- "The Yangzi River"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yangzi
- Hotels in Yangzi
- Transportation in Yangzi
- Nightlife in Yangzi
- Restaurants in Yangzi
- Shopping in Yangzi
- Warnings and Dangers in Yangzi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yangzi
- 22 Reviews
- 158 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Yangzi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yangzi
Photos in YangziSee All Photos (158)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 163 reviews, 623 photos, 10 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 136 reviews, 545 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 99 reviews, 416 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 108 reviews, 371 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 100 reviews, 376 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 89 reviews, 373 photos, 7 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 81 reviews, 373 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 87 reviews, 359 photos, 10 travelogues
- Udaipur Intro, 97 reviews, 335 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 103 reviews, 327 photos, 5 travelogues