"Ljubljana - Relaxing capital city" Top 5 Page for this destination Ljubljana by Willettsworld
Ljubljana Travel Guide: 2,096 reviews and 4,977 photos
Ljubljana is one of the most relaxing capital city's I've ever visited. The city is fairly quiet with not that many local people walking around and also not much traffic clogging up the streets. Yes tourism is here but it doesn't stand out like a soar thumb like in other European city's as I suppose the city is fairly off the beaten track compared with other European destinations.
But that doesn't mean there's no reason to visit here. Ljubljana has plenty of places to visit whether they be the city's castle which offers great views over the area from its hill top position, the fine museum's and art galleries or taking in the local culture with good local food and drink (especially the beer!). Plus, things are cheap here. Much cheaper than in other western European city's.
I came here as my first port of call as part of a two week tour round Slovenia. It's easy to get to if travelling from the UK - simply book a cheap flight with Easyjet or drive from Italy, Austria or Germany. I spent four nights in the city so that I could spend 2 days touring round the city itself and 2 days travelling to the nearby towns of Bled, Vintgar Gorge, Skofja Loka and Kranj. Ljubljana's located right slap bang in the middle of the country so it can be used as a base for travelling to the Alps in the west or for touring the north to places like Maribor, Celje and Ptuj.
- Pros:Good food and drink, relaxed atmosphere, good museums, art galleries and shopping
- Cons:Not much to do at night
Puštal is a small suburb that lies just south of Škofja Loka and can be reached by leaving the southern end of Mestni... more travel advice
Škofja Loka (Bishop’s Meadow) is located 25km west of Ljubljana and is one of Slovenia’s oldest current settlements. Its... more travel advice
- Climb up to the castle
- See All Typical Chinese
- See All Atlantis Train
- Atlantis Water Park
- See All Everything to buy in one place!
Willettsworld's Related Pages
Ljubljana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ljubljana - Relaxing capital city"
- "MY HOMETOWN"
- "Easygoing Capital"
- "Ljubljana and its surroundings"
- "Ljubljana, another well kept secret"
- "Ljubljana - more european than you can imagine"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ljubljana
- Hotels in Ljubljana
- Transportation in Ljubljana
- Nightlife in Ljubljana
- Restaurants in Ljubljana
- Shopping in Ljubljana
- Warnings and Dangers in Ljubljana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ljubljana
- 100 Reviews
- 312 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Ljubljana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ljubljana
- updated a Ljubljana Travel Page "Ljubljana - Relaxing capital city"
- Commented on one of Willettsworld's Ljubljana travel pages
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Videos have disappeared"
- Wrote a Review Puštal about Daytrip to Skofja Loka in Ljubljana Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Puštal"
Photos in LjubljanaSee All Photos (312)
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 163 reviews, 623 photos, 10 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 136 reviews, 545 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 99 reviews, 416 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 108 reviews, 371 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 100 reviews, 376 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 89 reviews, 373 photos, 7 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 81 reviews, 373 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 87 reviews, 359 photos, 10 travelogues
- Udaipur Intro, 97 reviews, 335 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 103 reviews, 327 photos, 5 travelogues